Established Napa and Sonoma large production wineries seeks an experienced winemaker and leader to join a winemaking team overseeing and facilitating winemaking, beverage blending, and packaging operations while providing exceptional team leadership. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, lots of hands-on experience, integrity, and a willingness to get into the details that will ensure that the production team excels. Most importantly our new team member must understand that client happiness is Job 1! Winemaker should deliver winemaking and fermentation projects for our clients. This is an ideal opportunity for a focused candidate that thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing, and growing winery environment.
• Co-manage winery operations with the winemaking team to deliver high quality winemaking and packaging projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
• Oversee and work directly with the winemakers, managers, and entire production team to improve processes, streamline production, and resolve issues.
• Work closely with clients to plan, manage, and deliver outstanding winemaking, fermentation/blending, and packaging projects.
• Lead and collaborate with the winery maintenance team to ensure equipment and facilities are operating properly and efficiently.
• Bring a sense of urgency and creative thinking to decision making.
• Focus on improving efficiency, enhancing service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
• Develop strong working relationships with the company’s clients, vendors and partners to ensure systems, equipment, technology, and services are operating at the highest standards.
• Co-develop, refine, and execute an effective and sustainable scheduling process for production planning.
• Participate in the full cycle of people management responsibilities including interviewing, coaching/mentoring, promoting, celebrating and disciplining.
• Cultivate an environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, and business ownership.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• BS in Enology or related science field
• Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership and winemaking experience in a dynamic production facility
• Advanced technical winemaking skills
• Consistent team player with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; organized with a strong attention to detail
• Vintrace experience a big plus!
Production Winemaker position is a full-time salaried exempt position which includes a Competitive Benefits Package Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Sick and Vacation Benefits, Paid Holidays and Employee Referral Compensation.