We are looking to fill a Regular Full Time Tasting Support Staff to join our retail team. This position will be based out of our Tasting Room in Oakville, CA. This role is hourly, non-exempt with company health benefits. Candidates must be able to work weekends and holidays.
“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle! Silver Oak Cellars was recently recognized as the Grand Champion of the Best in Benefits in the wine industry for 2 consecutive years.
SUMMARY OF OPEN POSITION:
The Tasting Room Support position will support vital elements of the tasting room for daily Retail and Sales Operations.
• Wash and Dry Stemware.
• Set up and breakdown for tastings, vertical tastings and food and wine pairings.
• Wrap glasses.
• Restock clean glasses at all tasting areas.
• Restock breadsticks at all tasting areas.
• Restock wine in the tasting area.
• Puts away weekly wine order.
• Keeps Manager updated on supply backstock; bags, boxes, breadsticks, 6 & 12 pack shippers, etc.
• Regularly spot sweep the tasting room floor.
• Restock bags and boxes at all register stations.
• Check restrooms for cleanliness throughout the day including restocking of paper products and wipe counters.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• 1-2 years similar experience preferred.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Perform repetitive motion activities
• Stand for long periods of time
• Lift 50 lbs.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work is mainly performed in a tasting room inside a winery/cellar. The individual is occasionally exposed to cellar temperatures that are cool and fumes or airborne particles relative to normal cellar processes.
• Busy and distractive open work atmosphere.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.