The Brand Manager position has a General Management approach and is responsible for delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of brand strategies and plans. These include portfolio and brand strategy & plan development, ongoing actionable business analytics, business budgeting and financial analysis, media campaigns, sponsorship & event activation, cross-functional team leadership, insights led innovation strategy and development, and integrated marketing communication.
* Responsible for development and execution of strategic and annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix.
* Shared responsibility for the delivery of volume, share and profit objectives consistent with overall brand strategy, with P&L accountability for bottom line profitability.
* Build premium consumer / trade equity for the brand through the design and execution of consumer and trade strategies including pricing, packaging, innovation, promotion, public relations, advertising/digital marketing and special events, rooted in analytical and consumer insights.
* Develop and execute insights based strategic innovation plans to position the business for both short and long-term success.
* Perform on-going business and competitive analyses and provide findings and recommendations for corrective action where appropriate to Senior Management.
* Manage brand projects, overall budget allocation, and prepare and present branded presentations to both internal and external audiences.
* Manage all outside agency initiatives in support of the brand's business objectives to include promotion agency, media buying and advertising agencies, if applicable.
* Work with sales leadership, key on and off premise strategic accounts, internal field sales, and distributor personnel, to develop marketing programs and identify opportunities to expand the business.
* Liase with international teams as global brand owners to insure consistency of brand strategy and execution globally.
* Manage multi-year brand S&OP forecast with Operations team, including at-risk inventory review.
* Multi-functional leadership: Drive stewardship of 360 programs and nurture collaborative working relationships-including leadership of monthly / quarterly cross-functional team meetings.
* Visit key markets in support of market blitzes, new product launches, surveys, etc. and report brand and competitive findings as well as any market driven recommendations to Senior Management.
* Successfully communicate and work with a large number of key internal groups across the organization on a regular basis, including: Trade Marketing, National Events, Public Relations, Finance, Operations and Production team (vineyard management, winemaking, bottling, packaging technology, production, transportation etc.).
* Communicate on a regular basis with the Marketing Director and/or Vice President, ensuring strategy and projects are on track, gaining support and guidance.
Key Foundational Business & Leadership Skills
* Thought Leader - Demonstrating industry and content expertise with the ability to pioneer new ideas, efficiently and effectively solve problems, and influence others while being open to collaboration.
* Intense Drive - Leading with passion, enthusiasm, and a sense of urgency that influences others to follow suit, with self-motivation to achieve goals and challenge the status quo.
* Constantly Innovating - Developing and encouraging creative ideas that challenge common thinking and help CBI gain a competitive advantage while being open and agile to adapt, change, and try new things to promote growth, learning, and improvement.
* Personal Leadership - Exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills, charisma, and self-confidence to make an impact on teams, coaching and motivating others, tackling new problems, and advocating strongly for integrity and sensitivity.
* Results Oriented - Having a GM mindset that focuses on taking decisive action to get things done while finding optimal balance between quality and protecting the bottom-line.
* Strong analytical skills with a proven track record utilizing trend analysis, syndicated and customized research and other sources to turn data and information into actionable insights.
* Strong leadership with track record of others seeking out his / her involvement and leadership for projects.
* Strong financial acumen and P&L understanding.
* Strong writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills; demonstrates ability to influence and communicate/sell the strategies and plans at all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to interact successfully with Senior Management, field personnel, agencies and cross functional teams, fostering open, honest and direct communication.
* Ability to evaluate creative work in the context of brand strategy.
* Experience managing complex project list, priorities and budgets and track record of project management with a focus on driving for results.
* Demonstrated ability to manage expectations of supervisor, other functional groups and agency partners.
* Strong developer of people and talent, with the ability to be feedback forward
* Bachelor's Degree in related field required; Master's Degree preferred.
* A minimum of 4+ years of CPG or Beverage Alcohol industry experience in marketing role
* Solid understanding of the three-tier distribution system preferred.
* Experience in identifying key consumer insights, refining brand positioning and developing brand strategies.
* Experience in developing and managing brand plan to successful execution.
* Strong results orientation, with a track record of financial accountability.
* Strong financial acumen, analytical / problem-solving skills and bottom line P&L management.
* Experience managing people, with the ability to provide coaching and guidance to further develop employees'