We are looking for two Senior Wine Guides (part-time and full-time) to join the Lewis Cellars team! Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Senior Wine Guide will oversee daily operations. This person is responsible for all guest relations and related planning and administration. The role owns and guides hospitality sales and service performance with a focus on meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales and club goals. Maintaining accurate systems, promotions, reporting, inventory stock levels and supplies is also essential to this role. This person must be able to flex their executional creativity, designing and implementing new service flows and guest experiences. This should establish Lewis Cellars as a best-in-class destination (when compared to competition, market, or leadership expectations). Collaboration with all Department Heads is crucial.
A Day in the Life at Lewis Cellars:
- Provide direction and leadership for the Estate property tasting room
- Effectively sell wines through engagement and development of relationships with guests
- Participate as a serious revenue generating team member who helps meet or exceed monthly/annual sales targets
- Design guest experiences and service standards to maintain the brand's reputation of excellence
- Anticipate guest needs and find ways to exceed guest expectations
- Provide friendly and sincere reception and farewell, using guests' names
- Maximize guest visitation, repeat visits and member engagement
- Book guest appointments in a timely and professional manner via phone, in-person, TOCK and email
- Support the Lewis Brand as needed (including conducting virtual tastings, cross training, leveraging shared learnings, etc....when needed)
- Personally, conduct VIP visits or tastings as needed
- Work with service delivery, concierge and other teams to enhance, grow, or deliver touchpoints (pre-during-post visit)
- Monitor competitive offerings (sharing learnings with leadership)
- Develop new services to submit for approval of senior leadership
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports to leadership
- Maintain and organize appropriate wine inventory for tastings and on site sale
- When needed, assist with wine and supply deliveries, including loading, unloading, moving wine in cases and on pallets, or moving supplies between locations.
- Work with the Logistics team to ensure that orders are processed and delivered
- Work with Accounting as required for order corrections or invoicing
- Plan tasting room events (both public and private)
- Monitor and support marketing with all public listing sites (ensuring that reviews are responded to and) where listings should accurately reflect our service offerings and brand image
Your Contribution to Lewis Cellars:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience and two (4) years of hospitality operations management, including past success
- Past responsibility in hospitality or customer service experience in presenting and selling luxury products is required. Experience in high-volume hotels, retail or restaurants is desired
- Proven sales track record and strong ability to work within a small team environment
- Genuine passion for building relationships with people, both guests and fellow team members
- Knowledge / fluency with luxury wines and wine production required.
- An understanding that details matter and paying close attention to managing the details of guest experiences
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs, especially Excel (including formulas, tables, charts) and POS systems
- Proven success working with others but must be high energy, self-motivated and can work just as effectively alone or remotely when needed.
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels; ability to educate and serve as a mentor.
- Must possess a "big picture" perspective and be well versed in administrative, Property Management or Point of Sale systems.
- A willingness to help where help is needed
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Wine Educational Coursework is required, or must be willing to be completed within 3-6 months of hire. It is expected this position will pursue Advanced Sommelier Education (company sponsored)
- Alcohol and Food Handlers cards (ServeSafe, TIPS) must be obtained and kept current
- Certifications in Continuous Improvement, financial planning, project management, LEAN practices, supply chain, Six Sigma or similar, is highly desired, but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Lewis Cellars' Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disabi