We are a new wine store on the Upper East Side looking to hire a full time manager. We are looking for someone is passionate and knowledgeable about wine and spirits and enjoys working with customers.
Your daily duties will consist of the following:
- Helping customers find wines and spirits and providing recommendations
- Cultivating and growing corporate business
- Meeting with distributors and ordering wines and spirits
- Inputting Inventory
- Handling phone and website orders
- Scheduling weekly in-store tastings
Applicants should posses one at least one of the following:
- 3-5 years salesperson at a wine store
- 1-3 years as a manager at a wine store
- Sommelier experience/coursework or WSET education
You must be willing to work 45-50 hours/week nights, weekends and holidays. You should be trustworthy, punctual, personable and posses strong communication skills.
Please provide a copy of your resume and include in the body of the email a brief description of yourself, the extent of your wine and spirits knowledge and why you would be a good fit for this position. Salary is commensurate with experience.