The Office Manager is responsible for managing the office and supporting the General Manager in every aspect of the business operations, activities, and communications to ensure that all of the demands of the company are being met effectively. The Office Manager exhibits leadership, anticipates potential adversities, proposes solutions, manages company priorities, and reinforces the Ehlers Estate philosophy of continual improvement. Direct and manage the operating standards and policies of the company related to select accounting, human resources and compliance functions, inventory management and service agreements. Act as the primary point of contact with service providers related to essential responsibilities. Liaise with staff at the LeDucq Foundation regarding operation matters that involve or impact the Foundation. The Office Manager must remember that he or she represents a reputable international philanthropic organization and may be held accountable for activities during or outside of work hours that may reflect poorly on that organization.
• In conjunction with third-party accounting group, establish SOP’s for purchase order and invoice receipt management.
• Assist third-party accounting group with AR management, including deposits.
• Direct and manage expense reporting, including SOP’s, systems, policy updates and company card management.
• Liaise with and manage third party IT group to ensure IT service agreement and scope of accountability is effectively executed.
• Manage all aspects of payroll, staying current on related state and federal labor laws.
• Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about the company’s ERP system and its operating protocols. Default resource for ERP updates, troubleshooting and training.
• Direct inventory management SOP’s and manage inventory movements, employee withdrawals and monthly reconciliation.
• Manage relationships with, and troubleshooting of, the company’s power, gas, water, phone and internet services.
• Collaborate with third party HR group and benefits brokers to assist in HR administration including, but not limited to, annual updates to the Company’s employee handbook, employee file management, employee on-boarding and separation, census reporting, required notice and posting distribution, benefits meeting coordination and benefits enrollment.
• Liaise with third-party compliance group to ensure state and federal permits and licenses are renewed on a timely basis. Set-up and manage COLA submissions in house through the TTB on-line web portal.
• Manage office maintenance and janitorial services, office supplies and service contracts for copiers, scanners, printers and other communal administrative hardware.
• Responsible for timely and accurate processing of wholesale orders with an emphasis on customer service
• Provides support to, and collaborates as a team member with, the DTC Sales Manager, California Direct to Trade Sales Manager and National Sales Manager.
• Processes orders, invoicing and shipping for Wholesale and California Sales Department.
• Manages general administrative needs of entire company, including office, and internal and external communications in a support position to the General Manager.
• Administrative tasks as required.
• BA or BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 plus years of experience in similar position.
• Demonstrated business acumen and an innate understanding of wine production, hospitality, and customer service excellence
• Ability to participate as a team leader to deliver financial and strategic results and exceptional customer service standards
• Medium to advance accounting skills.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office, specially Excel, and QuickBooks, as well as POS and database applications – all winery CRM software programs
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills
• Must be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
• High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
• A valid CA driver’s license is required