MARTORANA FAMILY WINERY
5956 WEST DRY CREEK RD ? HEALDSBURG, CA 95448
Job Title: Tasting Room Lead / Outreach and Marketing Assistant
Under the general supervision of the Hospitality and Sales Manager, the Tasting Room Lead /Outreach and Marketing Assistant is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting Wine Club memberships and wine sales while ensuring an exceptional brand experience for customers through the highest level of product knowledge, hospitality, and customer service.Efforts are focused on attaining Wine Club and monthly sales goals. In addition to these responsibilities, the Tasting Room Lead / Outreach and Marketing Assistant will work with the Hospitality and Sale Manager to expand club membership by developing strategies to maximize onsite conversions and retain existing Wine Club members.
The Tasting Room Lead / Outreach and Marketing Assistant will also work with The Hospitality and Sales Manager to develop relationships and partnerships that increase traffic, promote the growth of our Wine Club and increase the sale of wine. This person must possess exemplary customer service and sales skills.
Tasting Room / Wine Club
• Competently pour and sell wine in a sometimes - high stress, fast paced environment.
• Educate winery guests about our wines, olive oil, winery, and vineyards/farming practices.
• Deliver world-class customer service through all communication channels, including in- person, via phone and email.
• Encourage winery guests to join our Wine Club, purchase wine, and attend events.
• Accurately and efficiently handle routine purchasing transactions, including operating our POS system and accounting of daily sales, processing returns, shipment of wine orders, discounts, etc.
• Open and close business day, as needed.
• Clean, organize, and stock tasting room/retail area (including washing and polishing glassware, and ensuring the restroom and the picnic area are tidy).
• Assist the Hospitality and Sales Manager with inventory of wine and retail items.
• Assist the Hospitality and Sales Manager with wine club shipments and other orders/shipments (including responding to emails and phone calls, resolving shipping issues, resolving credit card issues, etc.).
Outreach / Marketing / Social Media
• Assist Hospitality and Sales Manager with the creation and execution of MFW
• Perform outreach efforts by email, social media and in person.
• Assist Hospitality and Sales Manager with creation and execution of a social media strategy to increase MFW’s brand awareness and online presence. Including regular posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets while ensuring proper online messaging and consistency of messages across all media outlets.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Must be over 21 years of age.
• Three or more years prior experience in hospitality.
• Prior sales experience.
• Professional and welcoming personal presentation.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Must be self-motivated, organized, and enjoy working independently.
• Must be able to work most weekends and some holidays.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
The Martorana Family Vineyards has been growing grapes in the Dry Creek Valley since 1983. At Martorana Family Vineyards we are committed to organic farming practices and produce 100% of our wines from organically grown estate grapes. We produce Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Rosé of Zinfandel, Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc. Our winery, which we constructed in 2007, has a living roof and picnic grounds on Dry Creek. Martorana Family Winery is a causal and relaxed place where we create memorable experiences for everyone.