Oregon’s leading winery seeks a customer service-minded food and wine lover to manage its elegant on-site tasting room and food service in one of the state’s most beautiful settings. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join the professional team at King Estate Winery, located in Eugene, Oregon. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall function and profit/loss, will be the point person for handling all guest (internal and external) services and hospitality. This is a great opportunity for a career-minded individual who thrives in hospitality and customer service and demonstrates strong business acumen.
• Minimum of 5 years’ culinary experience in a fine dining setting.
• Driven by a vision of culinary excellence and commitment in the hospitality industry.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
• Strong financial and business acumen with proven ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability while sourcing excellent ingredients focused on local and regional foods.
• Excellent communication skills to connect with all departments on the daily requirements, functions and last-minute events.
• Effective leadership qualities, driven by respect.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and maintain policies, practices and standards for all staff in, and related to, the Restaurant and Tasting Room.
• Supervision of guest services: accommodations (guest house stays), host interactions and winery/vineyard tours.
• Strong computer skills including Revel, Tock, Gather, POS software, Microsoft Suite.
• Supervise inventory management with both food and wine.
• Manage hiring, training, staff schedules and directly supervise all staff.
• Oversee performance development and evaluations; successful history in personnel management.
• Work closely with the Accounting department to manage the P&L (develop budget, analysis and action required to stay on plan).
• Work closely with the management team to determine food and beverage offerings.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends and holidays as required.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes full company benefits. This position is based in Eugene, Oregon.