We are looking for someone to join our team in our successful Calistoga Tasting Room part time. The position reports to the Tasting Room Manager. Primary responsibilities are meeting sales and club goals, wine education, and hospitality. Occasional responsibilities will also be shipping, stocking, and cleaning. We focus not only on wine education for our guests, but also wine education for our staff. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone starting in the wine industry to learn and grow.
• Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room, pour and discuss wine while responding to customer questions as appropriate.
• Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships.
• Handles routine POS transactions, including operating cash register/ipad.
• Handles phone calls and appointment bookings.
• Facilitates concierge service to members and visiting guests by booking reservations at hotel and winery partners.
• Working with shipping department, shipping of wine and meeting all compliance requirements of shipments.
• Unpack, stock, and move wine.
• Maintain clean and organized tasting room and garden.
• Follow all company policies and safety standards.
• Work and communicate respectfully as a team with all members of the winery.
• Is passionate about seeking wine knowledge and can accurately describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations and unique aspect of wine.
• Customer service experience.
• Wine knowledge.
• 1 year Tasting Room experience ideal, but not required.
• Ability to effectively stock wine (must be able to carry 50 lbs), set-up and break down equipment for events, utilize dolly cart, and assist in moving heavy objects.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to understand POS, appointment booking website, and phone system.
• Saturday and Sunday availability is a MUST
Pay and Compensation
• Pay is hourly DOE.
• Commission on Wine Clubs and Case Sales are higher than average tasting room.