The Regional Sales position is a role that can be based out of any location in the mid to southern East Coast. This is a remote position that will be a part of the larger Huneeus sales team. This role is responsible for establishing and delivering The Company's annual goals in the designated market by working with and through our distributor partners.
*The following reflects essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Build the annual market plan to deliver annual depletion and distribution goals for the portfolio
• Monitor and evaluate Distributors performance against market goals.
• Develop distributor pricing and program strategies that deliver the market goals.
• Formulate market plans by Channel and account. Allocate resources to key retailers in the market
• Manage compliance of National On & Off Premise account programs.
• Work with distributor salespeople and management to execute programs efficiently & effectively.
• Educate distributor sales personnel on the Huneeus Portfolio and the brand standards we expect.
• Use market data to identify market opportunities, share this with the Distributor Sales Team.
• Hold monthly business conversations with the Distributor Management Teams.
• Develop win-win-win solutions for Retailers, Huneeus and our Distributor partners.
• Show fiscal responsibility at all time. Stay within pre agreed budget limits.
• Put controls in place to manage local market dollars; be totally transparent with budgeted spend.
• Monitor competitor activities in the market. Communicate information on competitive strategy & tactics to direct supervisor and key Wholesaler personnel.
• Ability to understand, measure, monitor and effect; Managing for value, Active Points of Distribution, Price management and models, Channel/Account Management
• Participate in "sales blitzes / crew drives" in markets outside the primary area as needed
• Effective management and control of annual market budgets.
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Tenacious and resilient
• Energetic self-starter manager who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others in a matrix environment
• Works cooperatively as a member of a team (functionally, cross-functionally, across Huneeus) and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related area OR equivalent years working experience in related area in lieu of degree required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally or externally, required.
• Ability to multi-task and to exercise independent judgment without supervision.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Passion for wine and the ability to continuously learn new wines and brands and represent effectively to customers required.
• Minimum of seven years previous professional outside sales experience required
• Three-tier management experience required.
• Wine/Alcohol beverage industry experience highly desirable
This role is expected to be very active in their territory. The time in each city or market should match the market size/potential of the geography.
• Occasional delivery of samples weighing approx. 45lbs.
• 50% travel as a minimum - combination of vehicle and air.
• Home based office (used no more than 2 days per week) - will require ergonomically compliant set up.
• Minimum of 50% of time in field - will require walking, standing, bending and lifting.
• Circa 40-50% of time divided between meetings, presentations and desk work
Huneeus Vintners is a dynamic collection of premium wines/wineries. The portfolio includes Quintessa, Faust, Illumination; all produced in Napa Valley; Flowers Vineyard and Winery produced on the extreme Sonoma Coast. Most recently Leviathan, in Napa Valley and Benton-Lane located in the Oregon wine country joined our portfolio. We are singularly focused on producing the highest quality wines and promoting them through a committed distributor network to passionate restaurateurs and retailers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Huneeus Vintners LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Location: Atlanta, GA 30301
Category: Sales and Marketing