Commitment to Impact
Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of multi-origin wines and spirits, selling in over 50 countries worldwide. Founded by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, CA, in 1968, and part of global powerhouse Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards today remains driven by excellence, innovation and longstanding commitments to the environment and responsible business practices. With a focus on crafting wines made from sustainable, organic and Biodynamic® grapes, Fetzer Vineyards is a Top-12 U.S. marketer of wines, the nation’s primary importer of South American wines, and the United States’ largest Certified B Corporation winery—a testament to the company’s dedication to the transformational goals of regenerative business.
In addition to its flagship Fetzer label, the Fetzer Vineyards portfolio features Bonterra Organic Vineyards, the 2016 Wine Enthusiast American Winery of the Year; 1000 Stories, California’s original Bourbon barrel-aged wine; Casillero del Diablo, the #1 Chilean wine brand (750ml) in the U.S.; and Trivento Reserve, the #3 selling Malbec in the U.S. The Origins Collection—an esteemed portfolio of super-premium to super-luxury offerings centered on terroir-driven wines from Chile, Argentina and the U.S.—showcases South American icons Don Melchor and Trivento Eolo Malbec, alongside Bonterra’s single-vineyard, biodynamically farmed wines and the award-winning craft whiskies of Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co.
We are seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer skilled in all stages of creative design-related efforts—conception, development and execution. This entails collaborating with marketing, sales and internal stakeholders to ensure optimal innovative and strategic solutions on a wide variety of projects ranging from packaging, POS, internal communication/programs and retail campaigns.
This remote role affords the opportunity to work independently yet be part of an award-winning in-house creative services team. If you are looking to apply your passion for consumer products design, typography and customer-facing packaging and be part of the ever-evolving wine industry, we want to hear from you.
Work under the direction of the creative design manager for the strategic visual development of Fetzer Vineyards’ brands in alignment with the marketing team objectives for each brand.
Research and develop brand designs for new and existing portfolio of wines.
Work with brand owners to create key visuals and POS campaigns for all markets.
Design brand materials for specific market plans throughout both the U.S. and export markets.
Examples include, but are not limited to, sell sheets, coupons, point-of-sale materials, PowerPoint decks, media ads and promotional materials.
Support the overall efforts of the creative team; collaboratively execute innovative and creative projects. through solid brand strategy; ensure projects are completed within established timelines and parameters.
Ensure consistency of brand communication design style for all markets by maintaining global brand equity.
Attend press checks and print production runs for new and established packaging, as required.
Responsible for creative design development of specific wine private labels and products.
Develop and maintain knowledge of printing technologies and methodologies for all POS and package-related components.
Constantly seek new design methods, techniques and trends that may apply to any materials designed for brand plans.
Handle multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate reprioritization while working in a fast-paced environment. Be adaptable and flexible.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or related field preferred with 6-8 years of related
professional experience; or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Must be proficient in latest Adobe Creative Cloud programs including, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Diverse design portfolio with brand and packaging examples.
• Thorough understanding in the analysis, creation, design and development of brand
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with legible handwriting. Must have strong organizational skills, time management, negotiation and decision-making skills and great attention to detail. Public speaking/presentation skills required.
• A high comfort level when contributing to group discussions and brainstorming sessions.
• Self-starter, proactive and detail oriented, as well as able to manage deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the highest level of integrity.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• CPG experience designing for luxury goods or wine industry, a plus.
• Bilingual English/Spanish advantageous, but not required.
• Experience in Adobe After Effects (video) and/or Dreamweaver (website) software.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
California operations include Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs over 300 across the United States.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
This role may be performed remotely with a minimum of quarterly visits to Fetzer Vineyards' offices in downtown Healdsburg, CA (Sonoma County) and the winery in Hopland, CA.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com