The primary focus of this role is to assist the Events Manager in the various tasks involved in selling, booking, planning, and executing all events.
Repris is our estate winery focused on crafting wines from the historic Moon Mountain Vineyard we are grateful to call our home. Our winery includes 18,000 square feet of natural rock caves and 75 acres of organic vineyards on the 435-acre property.
All Repris wines are sold directly to our members, mailing list, and guests who visit the winery.
Named after Dr. Pangloss, the eternal optimist in Voltaire’s novel Candide, Pangloss Cellars is a celebration of optimism as the ideal way to approach life. Pangloss Cellars was founded on the belief that the consumer experience is as important as the wines. You will be working in our historic building on the Sonoma Plaza dating back to 1902 – the home of our Pangloss Cellars Tasting Lounge. The space both defines Pangloss Cellars and embodies our core values: it is welcoming, authentic, optimistic, and social – a warm and beautiful historic place to enjoy the sensory experience of fine wine.
Our team is dynamic and united by a shared mission. Everyone brings significant experience, a positive outlook, and prior success to the table. We expect no less from you.
We offer competitive compensation, a top-tier health and dental plan as well as a retirement savings option.
Event Production Responsibilities:
- Tracking of event inquiries in the events log
- Organize and assist in managing an events calendar
- Creation of cost proposals based on information gathered by an initial phone call with Event Manager and client
- Creation of, and management of all rental orders, based on Event manager design guidelines
- Procurement of staffing (FOH & BOH) for all events
- Creation of BEOs for the Culinary team
- Drafting of final printed menus for dinner service
- Day of event execution
- Coordination of rental returns
- Completion of event summaries, including feedback
- Business Development with other winery event producers
-- Collecting information on events they offer
- Creation of new event programs
Customer Facing Responsibilities:
- Prompt response to all event inquiries
- Precise documentation of event details as relayed by the client
- Professional verbal communication that conveys our focus on hospitality as luxury brands
- Professional written communication that is succinct and grammatically correct
- Professional sales demeanor that inspires trust and relationship building
- Ability to show “grace-under-pressure,” and find quick solutions to any potential scenario
- Previous experience in Event production and sales preferred
- Fun, positive, energetic, and confident
- Detail-oriented, extreme focus on organization and accuracy in processes and systems
-- Genuine, thorough, exceptional communication with all consumers and members that fosters long-term personal relationships and brand loyalty
-- Immaculate written communication
-- Strong command of effective communication techniques and grammar
-- Enthusiastic and articulate verbal communication
- A positive, professional demeanor with both guests and team members
- Must be a team player with high energy, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
-- Ability to respond to multiple event requests in a timely manner
-- Ability to notify all partners of upcoming events and events needs in a timely manner
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit, stand and bend for extended periods of time
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be available to work weekends, nights and some holidays