Rack & Riddle Custom Wine Services, the North Bay Area’s premier custom crush and winemaking facility is currently looking to fill a Cost Accountant Analyst position.
The Cost Accounting Analyst plays a critical role in the accounting, financial reporting and analysis of wine inventory and cost of goods sold. This position is responsible for maintaining the overall accounting structure of dry goods and finished goods inventory as well as performing the accounting, reporting and reconciliation for bulk and grape purchases and sales, wine production and other operational costs associated with inventory and production.
As cost analyst, you will develop and maintain product cost standards in our winemaking system, including bulk wine, dry goods and overhead. In addition, you will be responsible for financial close accounting and reporting activities for all operations areas including winery, production and supply chain. You will support the finance and production department with budget to actual variance analysis for product cost and cost center-related spending. This role works closely with winemaking, bottling, business development, logistics and warehouse teams and provides a great opportunity to learn the operational side of the wine business.
Systems - 30%
• Create and maintain standard costs through validation of inputs.
• Extract the necessary financial information for reporting and analysis of standard to actual cost variance analysis.
• Maintain systems for tracking costs in the Vintrace winemaking system.
Analysis and Reporting – 30%:
• Perform on-going monthly analysis of standard to actual variances captured on the balance sheet for bulk wine, packaging materials and overhead accounts.
• Prepare projections of expected standard to actual cost differences (bulk wine, dry goods, overhead) for review with operations finance manager.
• Perform financial accounting and reporting activities associated with assigned groups, including month and year-end accounting and closing activities. Support finance and operation departments in developing tools necessary to track spending actual vs. budget variances.
Month End Close - 20%
• Perform monthly close operations
• Prepare journal entries on a monthly basis for the various production activities including bottling, bulk wine purchases/sales, purchasing and production clearing, standard to actual adjustments, etc.
• Prepare reconciliations for all inventory and inventory-related accounts
Standard Cost Development - 15%
• Develop and review annual detailed standard product costs for all SKUs.
• Coordinates between production and marketing to prepare bill of material requirements for ongoing and new products, identify and implement cost savings strategies. Support finance and operations departments by preparing related presentation exhibits for standard costs and production variances.
Other - 5%
• Prepare inventory ad hoc reporting and analyses as requested. Perform other duties as assigned
• Support year-end inventory counts and reconciliation process in coordination with Inventory & Warehouse teams
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business and two to four years experience or equivalent combination education/experience
• An understanding of GAAP and the ability to perform analyses
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly relay information
• Proficient at Excel; advanced skills highly desirable
• Able to work independently and fulfill commitments within specified deadlines
• Able to maintain accurate documentation and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees; team player
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities for multiple projects
• Bilingual: English/Spanish a plus, but not required
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.