Huneeus Vintners seeks a passionate and dynamic Luxury Wine Field Manager to join our Northern California team. This role will be the dedicated Brand and Sales representative, working to build luxury brand growth with our Estate Wine portfolio. The Luxury Wine Field Manager is responsible for building strategic relationships with decision makers, key sommeliers, and top distributor reps while also playing a role in growing distribution in target accounts and delivering best in class education and activations.
One of the primary focus points of this role is to spend time building the business within the wholesale channel with Prestige Retail and On Sale accounts (via distribution, BTG placements and Prestige Retail programs). This role will also heavily focus on executing market activations in the trade with the goal of building stellar and seamless experiences with consumers and trade directly.
• 'Live' the Huneeus Wines/Estates, demonstrating a brilliant understanding of what makes our wines unique and memorable to trade and consumers.
• Bring our Estates and wines to life through captivating storytelling and compelling writing skills.
• Demonstrate a passion for wines in the Huneeus portfolio and transfer this to key buyers, sommeliers, and gate keepers.
Luxury Market Management
• Development and execution of Prestige Account Target List both in the On and Off Premise focused on building trade and consumer relationships with Estate properties. Targeting country club and private clubs.
• Spend a minimum of 4 days per week in the market selling targeted accounts and executing in market activations.
• Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with Prestige On-Sale, Retail and Buyers, leveraging relationships to build new business opportunities, develop brand awareness and drive sales of the Estate wines.
• Expand by-the-glass placements with high profile, influential accounts.
• Build robust e-commerce campaigns that are in line with brand standards.
• Establish sales presence in the market and conduct regular distributor market work-with in top key markets.
• Work with and educate distributor sales teams and wait staff on Estate history, stories and current wines being produced.
• Assist in planning and execution of in market wine maker events and activations.
• Communicate and work directly with the Region Sales Manager to drive sales in the Prestige Retail Accounts and top on-premise accounts.
• Analyze, track and measure market activity to ensure ROI is on targeted plan.
Activations and Events
• Build strong account relationships, manage education initiatives, event activations and in market wine maker activity.
• Develop and execute robust activations targeting country clubs and top Prestige On-Sale accounts.
• Collaborate and develop strong relationships with other departments (hospitality, marketing, winemaking) to develop experiences with a focus on events that acquire, sell, and build relationships with consumers. Conduct and plan special events in market.
• Collaborate with Marketing to create and deliver best in class luxury selling and educational tools.
• Plan and execute luxury consumer events to develop new business, build brand awareness grow sales in the marketplace.
• Ensure all market activity is in line with brand standards and is executed at the Estate levels expectations.
• Serve as the brand expert for consumers, trade and distributor through direct engagement including: (1) Providing education and training at key account and consumer level (2) Building and hosting Collector Dinners, Wine Dinners, and other educational experiences.
To perform the job successfully an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
Driving results - Allocates time and resources to the channels, customers, brands, and target distribution activities that most directly determine achievement of goals
Selling skills - Prepares thoroughly for all meetings and demonstrates strong closing skills.
Relationship Management - Demonstrates the ability to establish and build effective business relationships with customers and co-workers.
Sales Planning - Demonstrates expert planning and organizational skills. Understands all the fundamentals needed to implement effective market programming and activations in the market.
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Tenacious and resilient
• Energetic self-starter manager who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others in a matrix environment
• Works cooperatively as a member of the HV team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Acts to the values of HV
• Leads change through experimentation and learning.
Location: Napa, CA 94558
Category: Sales and Marketing