Join a great team (who are passionate about our brand) while earning a competitive base pay with extra earning potential from commission and gratuity opportunities. Upon hire you are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package which includes healthcare coverage, generous paid time off, attractive 401K matching program, product allowance, life insurance, and access to wellness resources such as gym reimbursement.
Position Summary: This position works in the Visitor Center as a lead role at the Retail Shop register area of the guest experience. The Lead Cashier plays an integral role in the guest experience at Mumm Napa and is responsible for providing a warm and professional check out experience as the conclusion of a guest’s reservation. In the retail shop we greet guests and/or are the last contact for their visit. This position requires strong leadership skills and ability motivate staff. The Lead Cashier will work with a team of skilled professionals to ensure guests receive the best impression of Mumm Napa, with a focus at all times on customer service, sales and accurate transaction processing in the POS. The Lead Cashier will have strong knowledge and passion for wine and exhibit enthusiasm in sharing this information with our guests.
Lead Cashier operates the POS, is a subject matter expert in this system and ensures the accurate processing of Visitor Center transactions, has the ability trouble shoot system errors or escalate when necessary, trains all new staff on POS, is a back-up for wine shop supervisor, promotes the sale of wine, wine clubs and merchandise in the Visitor Center Wine Shop.
This position reports to the Wine Shop Supervisor.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• On behalf of hospitality representatives, processes guests’ tasting fees and purchases resulting from their experience
• Trains all new register staff on POS system and standard operating procedures in the wine shop.
• Promotes and sells Mumm Napa Wine Club, wine products and gift merchandise to all winery guests.
• Keeps marketing promotions top of mind, ensures register staff is aware and is promoting current offers and utilizing as a tool to up-sell.
• Motivates staff to achieve financial and club conversion goals and is aware of individual contributions and performance towards set goals and coaches as necessary.
• Handles routine retail transactions, including operating cash registers/accounting for daily sales consistently and accurately, balancing cash drawer and assembling bank deposit.
• Provides back-up coverage for the Supervisor.
• Advocates for the Mumm Napa brand in the Visitor Center through our hospitality by: offering friendly greetings to all guests, understanding the history of Mumm Napa/our wines/process of method traditionnelle sparkling winemaking, and always striving to leave guests with a positive final experience as they often conclude their tasting visit in the retail shop.
• Participates in the opening and closing duties, often times responsible for one or the other depending on scheduling needs.
• Answers phone professionally and with a friendly demeanor and directs calls as necessary to various areas of the winery.
• Learns about Napa Valley experiences in order to be able to assist guests with food and wine recommendations within wine country.
• Constantly evaluates the check-out process, guest experience, merchandise effectiveness and overall efficiency of the retail shop in order to recommend improvements to his or her manager.
• Assists Supervisor with inventory control and, along with the Supervisor, is responsible for the accurate tracking and processing of all retail items, credit card and cash transactions.
Nature & Scope: Position works under the direction of the Retail Supervisor; and closely with the Cashier staff, Visitor Center Supervisors, Assistant Manager and Managers.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Bilingual any language a plus.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with consistent accuracy.
• Strong ability to upsell and close sales.
• Knowledge of wine & wine production and ability to communicate this information effectively.
• Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs.) on a repeated basis.
• Ability to perform physically repetitive tasks.
Physical Environment: Check which physical environment description is most accurate for this job:
Physical/Skilled Labor: Work is performed in a general production area and/or office environment with regular demands for moving, lifting/carrying/lowering up to 50 pounds, standing, walking, climbing, and pushing. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage.