Location: Monroe, Oregon (25 minutes from Corvallis or Eugene)
Company Name: Benton-Lane Winery - Huneeus Wines
Type of Work: Hourly - Seasonal Part-Time & Full-Time Openings Available
Come join our Team and receive a $500 sign-on bonus as follows: $250 paid upon hire, $250 paid at end of Harvest.
Benton-Lane Winery is seeking full-time and part-time seasonal interns to join our production staff for the 2021 Wine Harvest. Join our dynamic team for an educational and fun harvest experience!
We focus on producing premium Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay from our 140-acre vineyard in Monroe, Oregon. This is a hybrid position working in both cellar and lab areas of the winery. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, hardworking and organized with a keen eye for detail.
Lab duties include, but not limited to:
- Learn and follow all laboratory work instructions and safety procedures.
- Collect juice and wine samples for analysis and tasting
- Perform routine analysis on juice and wine samples
- Analysis includes: Brix, pH, TA, VA, L-malic, RS, EtOH, ammonia, PAN and SO2
- Learn to read, record and interpret analytical results accurately and efficiently
- Assist in additions to tanks and barrels
- Calibration of lab equipment
- Prepare reagents and standard solutions
- Maintain the lab in a clean and orderly state
Cellar Duties and Responsibilities:
- General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels.
- Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit.
- Fermentation management operations such as punchdowns, pulseair and pumpovers
- Transfer of juice and wine between tanks
- Press operation
- Barrel work such as cleaning, gassing, filling and topping
- Other cellar work as assigned.
- Some experience using lab equipment
- Some prior experience in lab, agriculture, farming or winemaking preferred but not required
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols.
- Can work independently as well as in collaboration with other people
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Forklift experience preferred but not required.
- Standing for long periods of time (8 hours or more)
- Must comply with all safety requirements
- Exposed to machinery and forklifts
- Long and irregular hours during peak periods on various shifts
- Extensive walking and lifting up to 50 pounds
Time Frame/Working Hours:
- This position begins September 2021 and will complete in November 2021.
- Work will usually begin around 7:00 AM; though harvest conditions require flexibility, and can include partial shifts and weekends.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Huneeus Wines LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Location: Monroe, OR (97456)
Hiring Bonus: $500.00