JOB STATEMENT: The Chain Merchandiser is responsible for all assigned stores. Duties include selling and building displays of CWOC Wine, Spirit and Beer products and maintaining distribution of current products in accounts.
• Call on assigned accounts, know key buyer for department and store management
• Sell and build product displays in all accounts
• Service DSD accounts weekly with shelf product and display orders
• Maintain proper stock; avoid out-of-stock conditions
• Place and maintain current POS material i.e., back cards, shelf talkers, price signs, etc.
• Assure product is priced correctly and placed in correct locations
• Expand cold box & dry shelf placements
• Provide schedule and paperwork as required by Supervisor
• Return phone calls, text messages and emails in a timely manner
• Advise Supervisor of any issues in territory i.e., out of stocks, price changes, account info
• Able to work any time of for merchandising projects, wine tastings, company events, etc.
• Attend store resets and adjust schedule to work at day or night time hours
• Must be physically able to frequently lift 50 lb. cases of wine
• Travel to accounts with dependable vehicle
• Maintain current auto insurance to company requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Will provide training to the right candidate
• Interact effectively with different people
• Work with minimal supervision
• Make decisions based on company direction
• Familiar with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Cell Phone applications
• Live with-in or close to area of territory
• High School Diploma
• Sit for an extensive period of time / driving to accounts and team meetings
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Perform data entry tasks using standard computer equipment and cell phone
• Use hands to grasp, feel, move, reach or assemble
• Expressing ideas/instructions through spoken words (accurately, loudly)
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Safety cutter when cutting cardboard boxes and POS
• Side shield safety glasses, head/ear protection, high-visibility vest and proper footwear when in production facility.