The epitome of a modern classic, Beringer has been Napa Valley's benchmark producer since its establishment in 1876. Winemaker Mark Beringer crafts classic wines from Napa's finest appellations and Beringer's exceptional collection of vineyards. Beringer is not just a name on a bottle. It is an authentic brand filled with the spirit of American optimism. It's consistent, trusted and respected. It's forward looking, but also extremely proud of its past. The historic estate in St. Helena offers a tradition of hospitality that defines the Napa Valley.
About the role
The Line Cook will be responsible for all aspects of the kitchen. The Line Cook will be responsible for the execution of events both onsite and off-site in a lead role. This includes managing labor costs, ensuring quality food product and exceeding customer satisfaction.
* The Line Cook will work with Culinary Manager for planning and execution of events onsite as well as off-site at other properties.
* Coordinates with the Culinary Manager in food ordering and inventory.
* Works with the Culinary Manager on menu planning, tasting food programs and food and wine pairing.
* Ensures all food production is to the TWE and Culinary Manager standards. Manages all food quality for items produced and externally supported.
* Management of staffing schedule including Temp Staff; Support BOH/FOH duties as needed.
* Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours.
* Work with Culinary team to attain and maintain food cost goals.
* Oversee proper receiving, inspecting and storing of all food orders
* Collaborate with Culinary Manager on new menu ideas.
* Minimum of 3 years kitchen restaurant management
* Food experience required (knowledge of fine food preparation, food ingredients, preparation techniques, industry health standards, ability to educate wait staff, etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
* Must be able to work flexible hours.
* Overtime (extended hours, holidays and weekends) required.
* Must possess a valid California driver's license.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
* "TWEforME Day" - an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you
* Meeting-free Monday mornings (we all love this!)
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together - that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you're ready to help us be the world's most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title and reference number.
How to apply
We do move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don't want to miss out, apply today!