$1,000 Sign On Bonus
The Lead Associate, Tasting Lounge position will partner closely with the Tasting Lounge Assistant Manager and serve as the TL Floor Manager for the day, and is responsible for delivering an exceptional visitor experience, and world- class customer service to guests at The Prisoner Wine Company (TPWC). The primary functions of this position are promoting the sale of wine and merchandise, endorsing Wine Club memberships, scheduling the TL staff for tastings or virtual assignments, troubleshooting problems, responding to guest questions or concerns, overseeing operations and enhancing our Company and winery property image to the consumer.
* Provide support for the TL Manager or TL Assistant Manager by assuming a lead role in his/her absence.
* Assist in the daily opening, closing, inventory procedures of the TL, which include computer transactions, reconcile cash sheets and prepares bank deposit slips, inventory reconciliation, and security functions (setting the alarms).
* Instruct staff with helpful information on how to achieve sales goals and developing staff sales knowledge and providing tasting and educational information to the employees and in turn the guests.
* Initiate self-development of wine knowledge of the entire TPWC portfolio, and lead private experiences for VIP visitors.
* Assist in the daily operations of the TL, which include carrying out the following duties of opening/setting up the bar, closing/taking down the bar, create and supervise lunch and break schedules, disseminating daily sales goals and promoting and supervising inventory control.
* Maintain accurate and up to date selling tools (Event menus, tasting notes, price lists, signage etc.) throughout all selling venues to drive Tasting Lounge KPI's and ensure positive consumer experiences.
* Regularly monitor inventory levels (wine and non-wine) as well as wine movements to accurately track inventory and reduce monthly count variances.
* Assist in delivering accurate monthly inventory counts
* Promote The Prisoner Wine Company portfolio of brands in all outside pouring events
* Support member retention efforts by providing exemplary customer service and a superlative onsite experience to existing wine club members.
* Assume Lead duties in planning, preparation and execution of onsite events as needed including Club, Trade, Consumer and Tasting Lounge events, communicating with Assistant Manager, executing as Lead in charge.
* Foster strong teamwork by continuing to build relationships with co-workers and supervisors at all Hospitality properties.
* Promote positive media & public relations by providing a friendly, pleasant atmosphere in the TL, adhering to media policy and referring any inquiries to PR-approved supervisors.
* Foster self-development by taking initiative to increase sales and wine knowledge.
* Resolve consumer and staff issues through strategies that promote positive results.
* Understand and comply with all federal and state laws regarding the operation of a winery retail tasting room.
* Understand and comply with all Constellation Brands compliance policies and regulations.
* Recognize and minimize intoxication of visitors. Follow all State and Federal guidelines in conjunction with serving alcoholic beverages.
* Previous experience, or at least 1 year of experience in the industry with a previous knowledge of wine and/or restaurant service.
* Effective leadership skills with proven ability to motivate, lead by example and direct colleagues and additional temporary staff as needed.
* Ability to multi-task and approach difficult tasks with a positive "can do" attitude.
* Requires strong PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook), familiarity with and ability to navigate in both Internet and Intranet environments and experience with winery POS inventory, reporting and sales systems.
* Proactive, result-oriented and deadline driven.
* Able to embrace change in a positive manner and use innovative ideas to resolve issues
* Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
* Foreign language skills are a definite plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods.
* Must be able to work both inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
* Ability to lift 55 lbs regularly.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* May be required to travel.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
St. Helena, California
Hospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).