SUMMARY: This position is responsible for regular visits to our contracted grower vineyards in Napa County and North Coast, assisting with general pest scouting, as well as data collection and entry. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and good communication skills. This is a great job for anyone hoping to get experience with many premium vineyards throughout the Napa Valley. The multi-faceted nature of this position will allow the employee many learning opportunities over the course of harvest.
The estimated time frame for this position is July through October 20th.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Document vineyard health, phenology and crop loads
• Vineyard data collection to include but not limited to:
o Gather vineyard information on all grower blocks (rootstock, clone, vine spacing, training/pruning system and soil types)
o Cluster counts and cluster weigh for crop estimation
o Schedule vineyard maturity sampling
• Produce and organize vineyard maps
• Special projects as assigned by Manager
• Assist in harvest coordination and logistics
• Lend support to other TDP vineyard teams when needed
• Some Viticulture, Enology or related experience a plus
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must be willing to work flexible schedule with some extended hours
• Can-do attitude
• Valid drivers license with clean record
• Experience hauling fruit a plus
• Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
• Must be able to work outside in varied weather conditions for extended periods of time
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties. Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark. Our 400+ uniquely passionate and well-tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and stay for the dynamic colleagues, fast-paced environment, and career development. We offer a curated and comprehensive portfolio of acclaimed luxury wines with price points ranging from $20 to $200 across more than 15 varietals and 25 appellations. Our wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 50 countries around the world.