Hired individuals are eligible for $400 retention bonus after successful completion of 90 day introductory period!
We have an open full-time position available for a friendly, service and sales-minded individual to join our outstanding sales team! We offer a competitive hourly rate, tip line, sales commissions, and a generous employee discount. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD.
If you are passionate about wine and hospitality, we'd like to meet you!
• Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty and generate sales.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests in the tasting room.
• Maintains the tasting room environment by ensuring that it is inviting and appealing.
• ID’s guests when needed to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Serve samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings.
• Share knowledge about our wines, brandy, brand history, sister wineries, lodging and taproom.
• Accurately operate POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory.
• Accurately completes end of day reports, reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Demonstrates personal accountability in following all company policies and procedures.
• Performs opening and closing procedures, which include but is not limited to: setup and breakdown of tables, chairs and all items related to tasting room operations.
• Ensures cleanliness and aesthetics of the tasting room and deck.
• Maintains physical inventory of merchandise items and restocks wine in the tasting room.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion for wine.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships.
• Retail sales and customer service experience, i.e., the ability to present products, up sell and cross sell.
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and point-of-sale applications.
• Database management, social media and data entry experience a plus.
• Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime.
• Presents a professional demeanor and appearance.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and individually.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
• Minimum of one year of related experience.
• High School diploma or GED.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a tasting room environment. Employee may also occasionally work in an outdoor environment when whether permits and during special events. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have higher levels of noise at times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working primarily in a tasting room environment. Work will be performed outdoors at times, during events. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have a higher level of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an employee to successfully carry out the essential functions of the Tasting Room Sales Associate position. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Communicate effectively with guests and team members.
Use arms, hands and fingers to operate a register, telephone, open, smell, taste and pour wine, perform opening and closing duties and various housekeeping tasks.
Hear/listen, speak, taste and smell.
Accurately key information into our POS system.
Stand, move, and walk for prolonged periods of time.
Lift/move/carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Sit, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.