Crush Pad/Cellar Worker
This position performs all harvest-related activities associated with making wine. Responsibilities may also include, racking, filtering, clarifying and blending of juice and wine, sanitation in all areas of cellar operation, cleaning and sterilizing tanks and other equipment. Long hours during harvest are required to meet operational needs.
• General preparation of winery equipment including extensive cleaning and sanitation
• Operate fruit receiving and processing equipment.
• Operate press cycles as instructed
• Conduct punch-downs around the clock as needed
• Transfers and racking of juice from tank to tank.
• Accurately complete work orders and other tracking documentation.
• Follows standard operating procedures in the performance of all cellar activities to ensure maximum productivity and wine quality objectives are achieved.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
• Work in an unsupervised role following and implementing detailed instructions
• Other duties as needed.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
• Experience with at least one harvest.
• Perform basic math calculations to complete written work orders.
• Able to manage multiple changing priorities, be organized and follow workflow procedures even with interruptions
• Valid drivers license
• Candidate must complete & pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test
• Ability to learn winemaking operations
• Accurately measure, prepare and make additions to juice, must, & wine.
• Ability to recognize and report off aromas in tanks.
• Complete Filtration.
• Operate Forklift
• Operation of mechanical equipment.
• Mechanically inclined
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Able to work long hours with flexibility in work hours and workdays during harvest
• Working conditions in certain areas of the winery can be cold/hot, wet, slippery and noisy
• Able to handle hazardous materials, ladders, and wine hoses
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.