Pacific Union Co. was founded by H. William Harlan and partners as a real estate sales, marketing and development company in the 1970s. As one of the leading real estate companies in the San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Union went on to develop approximately $2 billion of real estate, with sales of over $5 billion per year. Pacific Union’s residential brokerage business was later sold but remains active under separate ownership.
Today, Pacific Union Co. and H. William Harlan oversee winegrowing, hospitality, private club and commercial real estate businesses in the Napa Valley, including the Harlan Estate, BOND, Promontory and The Mascot wineries, the Meadowood Napa Valley resort and club, and The Napa Valley Reserve winery and club. In addition, Pacific Union Co. serves as an administrative services company that oversees various other commercial real estate properties and business interests.
We are currently recruiting the Payroll and HR Coordinator for Pacific Union Co. This position provides payroll, safety and administrative support for the Farm and Production Teams. The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail and be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace. Maintains confidentiality and upholds integrity while providing the upmost in exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes, prepares, inputs, processes and reconciles weekly payroll. Uses ADP and ExakTime systems to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
• Administers payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination, status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
• Responds to all payroll-related inquiries including but not limited to payroll deductions, wage garnishments, child support payments, vacation and sick accruals, and employment verifications; resolves employee pay issues.
• Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
• Assists Vineyard and Winery with interviews.
• Provides translation for offer letters, training materials, performance evaluation, policies and procedures.
• Distribute Workers’ Compensation kits to new workgroups, report new claims, monitor claims and return-to-work program; respond to carrier/claims adjusters’ inquiries.
• Assists with administration of safety programs, investigates accidents, and prepares reports.
• Manage CINTAS delivery of safety PPE and update first aid ancillary items.
• Purchase, organize and distribute department uniforms and office supplies.
• Manage Safety shoe program and introduce to new employees.
• Assists with training sessions, monthly safety field observations and inspections, safety projects.
• Assures required labor law posters/information is in place.
• Coordinate temp labor during harvest.
• Performs all related duties as assigned
• AA or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must speak, read and write both English and Spanish
• Working knowledge of HR, Benefit and Payroll laws and regulations
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Proficient on all Microsoft programs
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Service heart, warm and welcoming.
• Understand and work towards assigned goals.
• Self-aware, humble, diplomatic and professional.
• Good energy, solid work pace. Ability to work under pressure.
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills yet adaptable to changing conditions when needed.
• Respects structure, process and routines.
• A professional with sound judgement and the highest ethical standards. Proactive, honest and trustworthy.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Effective communication skills
- Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work overtime whenever required
- Sit for extended periods
- Able to walk up and downstairs frequently
Pacific Union Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.