Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's leading wine companies. We know that it's the thinkers, makers, and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognized as the world's most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality, and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, Stags' Leap, Beaulieu Vineyards, and Beringer, to the broad appeal of Sterling Vineyards and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the Role
In conjunction with the Site Winemakers, this role leads, motivates, and measures luxury winemaking activities. You will be responsible for assisting our luxury winemakers with decisions consistent with wine style direction and making sure all wine treatments are managed in accordance with best practice standards.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Identifying supply and demand fluctuations in response to forecast changes and communicating these to management with specific attention to wine quality.
* Identifying bulk inventories and managing to the highest level of quality including sensory evaluation.
* Ensuring that all wine plans meet production needs and that all winery documentation and the wine tracking system are current and accurately reflects the wine composition and wine status.
* This role will also ensure that an environment of continuous improvement is created and that all health and safety regulations are complied with.
You have a Bachelors degree (BS) in viticulture / enology from a four year college or university and 3+ years successful winemaking industry experience and a passion for a career in winemaking. Equivalent combination of related science degree and experience considered. You have a proven ability to produce wines to a high standard while maintaining style and cost objectives and a keen palate to taste and sensorially evaluate grapes, juice, and wine for quality attributes and defects. You have a strong attention to detail, are organized and able to prioritize tasks and perform duties with minimum supervision.
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when, and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across the US, Australia & New Zealand, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
* "TWEforME Day" -an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you!
* Competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), 401K with company match, and much more!
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together -that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun, and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you're ready to help us be the world's most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We do move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don't want to miss out, please apply today!