Tamber Bey Vineyards, a family winery, at Sundance Ranch in Calistoga is hiring and has openings for an observant, efficient barback who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The bar back will assist in cleaning the tasting bar and courtyard, ensure the tasting room is well stocked with all necessities, and take on other duties to support the tasting room to ensure a smooth operation.
To be a successful barback, you should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with good communication and time management skills. Prior experience is not required, as we will train you. A positive attitude and a desire to learn are nonnegotiable. This position is designed to grow into a tasting room host over time, dependent on performance.
• Stock retail area by moving and distributing wine and other merchandise
• Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
• Perform housekeeping tasks and maintain a clean workspace for coworkers and guests
• Assist with the set-up and execution of special events as requested
• Communication skills, customer service skills, and the ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Goal orientated and able to work as part of a team
• Interest in wine and wine industry
• Previous restaurant, banquet, hotel, or Tasting Room experience preferred
• Proficiency in Point of Sales (POS) systems and basic computer skills required
• Must be available and flexible to work on weekends and varied hours
• Must be at least 21 years of age
Ability to work in various weather conditions and non-traditional business hours, including evenings, and weekends
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
This position is commissioned as part of the larger sales team. Should a candidate be successful, we encourage growth into a tasting room host position as available.
No phone calls, please.