TITLE:Vineyard Shop MechanicII, Vineyards of Santa Barbara
REPORTS TO:Vineyard Shop Manager
LOCATION: VOSB Los Alamos Ranch location.
General Description of Duties:
Under general direction of the Shop Supervisor, this Mechanic will be responsible for set-up, installation, repair and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment as well as fabricating metal parts and tools. Must be knowledgeable in repair and diagnosis of equipment problems, overhauls, pumps, motors and other equipment by performing the following duties: Braud and Pellenc background a plus.
• Communicates with drivers and operators regarding equipment problems so repairs are done properly
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of repairs
• Is knowledgeable of electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery
• Suggests changes in work environment or use of equipment to increase shop efficiency and work crew
• Exhibits precise, correct practices when dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery
• Able to examine vehicle damage or malfunction and discusses with manager proposed repair plan
• Responsible for smooth flow of work schedule to assure repairs are done in a timely manner
• Able to apply practical aptitude, think ahead of project and identify potential problems
• Follows company policies and safety practices when performing job duties
• Able to read and interpret specifications, repair manuals, wiring diagrams
• Able to diagnose malfunctions in farm machinery and equipment
• Able to generate parts requisitions and maintain parts inventory
• Maintains and codes invoices applicable to parts ordered
• Adjust work procedures to meet completion schedules
• Welds and fabricates items from blueprints or drawings
• Special projects as assigned by the Shop Manager
Permanent full-time hourly position with full benefits.
Experience and Training:
Requires completion of technical school or 2-3 years related experience, a valid California driver's license, as well as forklift certification. This position requires good communication skills and the ability to communicate well with equipment operators. Although this position has no supervisory responsibilities, incumbent should have a working knowledge of what work and responsibilities are necessary to run the shop smoothly and be able to fill-in temporarily during the shop manager's absence.