JOB SUMMARY: The Supply Planning department manages data and processes which ensure The Duckhorn Portfolio’s grape and bulk wine purchasing and management is balanced in both the immediate and long term. The Supply Planning team works with many departments within the Production side of the business as well as within Finance and Sales. The work load is cyclical and dynamic, touching all aspects of wine production from sourcing through to bottling. This is a fast paced, growing company and we are always challenging ourselves to continually improve and reassess our tools and processes as they exist.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our dedicated team, someone committed to data integrity and both internal as well as external customer service. This role offers a unique opportunity with diverse exposure to many aspects of wine production and the related business constraints and opportunities around each. With an emphasis on grape and bulk wine contracts and the associated data management, the role will provide a foundation for growth within our team for the right candidate. This position will be integral in ensuring timely and accurate database management, allowing for advanced analysis and visibility up to the Executive and Board of Directors level.
Grape and Bulk Wine Data and Analytics Support (60%)
• Maintain annual grape sourcing tools and related databases.
• Compile analysis of annual grape market pricing and tonnage trends
• Maintain and evolve crop estimation tools and resultant analysis.
• Work with winemakers from all Duckhorn Portfolio brands to ensure accurate assumptions are flowing into all Supply Planning tools and analysis.
• Regularly audit multiple databases to ensure all weigh tags are captured and flow through to their ultimate destination in NAV.
• Assist with Grape Crush Report and file regional assessment fees for all company harvest data.
• Provide variety of historic data analysis as needed which may require a rebuilding and merging of historic grape crush data.
• Ongoing systems development to further improve NAV, our ERP database and its ability to produce useful reports and data.
Grape and Bulk Wine Contract Administration Support (40%)
• Assist with grape and bulk wine contract data entry into Navision ERP system.
• Assist with annual assembly and distribution of Grower Harvest Packets.
• Auditing of all Weigh Tag and Delivery Tag records.
• Grower PUR submission tracking during harvest.
• Assist in planning and execution of Annual Grower Appreciation Luncheons
• Miscellaneous contract administration support as needed.
• Minimum education: BA, BS or equivalent.
• Wine Industry experience preferred.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Superior computer skills in the following: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a team player, be open to suggestions and able to collaborate with others.
• Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company, with ten renowned wineries, eight state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, seven beautiful tasting rooms and more than 800 coveted acres of vineyards spanning 22 sustainably farmed Estate properties. Established in 1976, when legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn founded Napa Valley’s iconic Duckhorn Vineyards, today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark. Our 400+ uniquely passionate and well-tenured employees typically join us for our employee-centric culture and industry-leading benefits and stay for the dynamic colleagues, fast-paced environment, and career development. We offer a curated and comprehensive portfolio of acclaimed luxury wines with price points ranging from $20 to $200 across more than 15 varietals and 25 appellations. Our wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in more than 50 countries around the world.