Responsible for establishing and ensuring delivery of the Copper Cane annual business plan within the assigned region.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Embrace Ownership’s wines and visions. Demonstrate a brilliant understanding of what makes our wines unique and memorable
• Paint a vivid picture of Copper Cane ownership and brands ; bring these to life in verbal communication
• Regularly participate in trade and consumer events to educate/promote the Copper Cane Portfolio
• Work closely with distributor teams to effectively execute the Copper Cane portfolio.
• Spend a minimum of 4 days every week in the market developing and selling into target list of accounts either on your own or with the Distributor Sales managers and
• Ensure that account commitments are communicated to distributor and follow up upon
• Educate Distributor District Managers and their teams on the Copper Cane wines and the brands ‘standards’ for each
• Schedule and execute wait staff trainings in key On- and Off-Sale accounts
• Drive the @ Risk Account initiative with distributor sales force and individually
• Regularly activating our current account base
• Command a deep understanding of the market dynamics in the territory you manage
• Evaluate existing and emerging customers, identify accounts Copper Cane must ‘win’ in and allocate resources effectively; identify underdeveloped accounts and redeploy
• Develop and agree with your manager the key priorities and actions for each account
• Make educated business decisions by using a strong working knowledge of:
• The role of each brand in the Copper Cane Portfolio
• Brand & Channel standards
• Work closely with your District, Region and Division Managers to develop appropriate programs for your accounts
• Liaise regularly with Senior Management on key account opportunities in the high profile accounts in your market
• Work with distributor managers so that they know the expectation for each account
• Determine if the level of investment and time allocation is consistent with level of results, refine accordingly
• Cultivate relationships with the key buyers, key somms and key wait staff at our target list accounts
Leadership & Teamwork
• Work hand-in-hand with District/Regional Managers to achieve the annual plan
• Manage within T&E budgets
• Use VIP reports to monitor depth & breadth of distribution & volume
• Use facts to identify market opportunities; allocate the resources to capitalize on these opportunities
• Diagnose business issues quickly and takes corrective action to minimize the impact
• Driving for results - Allocates time and resources to the channels, customers, brands and activities that most directly determine achievement of goals. Selling skills -
Prepares thoroughly for all meetings and targets Win-win-win situations. Good closing skills. Sales Planning - Demonstrates expert planning skills. Understands all the
fundamentals needed to implement effective pricing & programming decisions.
• Effective Relationships - Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with customers and co workers
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Tenacious and resilient
• Energetic self-starter who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others.
• Works cooperatively as a member of the Sales team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Acts to the values set forth by Ownership.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry at either the supplier or distributor manager level.
• Experience in implementing luxury brand building strategies.
• Possesses industry knowledge of assigned geographic territory.
• Strong selling skills and influencing skills.
• Ability to impact key accounts.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex information to essential actionable points.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Proficient Computer skills (Microsoft Work, Excel, and PowerPoint) and competence in electronic communications.
• Exceptional planning and organization skills with an ability to multitask.
• Possess a positive attitude, dynamic personality and consultative sales skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written skills.