Tasting Room Manager
San Simeon, CA (With Occasional travel to Paso Robles)
About the Employer
Hearst Ranch Winery's hand-crafted wines have been brought to life by the collaboration of its talented team of professionals using sound agricultural practices, impeccable winemaking and a culture of philanthropic involvement. We are dedicated to the “Legacy of Quality” that we have established with our portfolio of wines and look forward to welcoming a new Tasting Room Manager to contribute to our growth.
Tasting Room Manager Job Description
We are looking for an experienced and professional full time Tasting Room Manager to lead our sales team and set sales goals. The ideal candidate will bring a positive energy to the workplace and motivate the team to meet or exceed sales and new club member goals. Our new Tasting Room Manager will train staff regularly to ensure that our staff is an educated and knowledgeable team creating a professional environment in our tasting rooms to drive sales and brand awareness. The main goal is to take our wine club, customer service and tasting room sales to the next level. Our new tasting room manager will work closely with our Wine Club Manager and Events Manager to make this happen. This will require regular weekend presence at the tasting room during our busiest times, as well as during weekend and evening events. The Tasting Room Manager will also be responsible for driving visitorship and traffic and be involved in the local wine industry. This position will be primarily located in San Simeon with occasional travel to Paso Robles.
The ideal candidate must possess:
• At least three years of hospitality experience in the wine industry.
• At least two years supervisory experience in the wine industry.
• A demonstrated record of leadership and success in training and engaging staff to exceed sales goals.
• Exemplary customer service skills resulting in increased customer satisfaction, higher sales and return customers.
• Skilled at managing a budget and tracking metrics to guide sound decisions on Tasting Room operations, sales, visitors, and inventory.
• The ability to work harmoniously with leadership staff and owners to ensure continued growth of the business.
• Aptitude and experience in wine industry software and POS systems, ideally WineDirect.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
If you have a passion for wine, the confidence to lead a sales team to success, and the ability to create a customer experience that is welcoming, fun, and educational, then this is the job for you.
This is a full-time position and includes health, vision, and dental benefits, as well as paid time off. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive in the industry.
No recruiters or phone calls please. California residents only. Thank you.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time