We’re the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirits brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we’re driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we’re the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we’re just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
Quarry Lake Winery is located in beautiful Southern Sonoma near Sears Point. This winery’s focus is producing high-quality wines for The Prisoner Wine Company, Robert Mondavi, Simi, and Meomi.
The Cellar Operator position tends to the day-to-day operation of Cellar Equipment with minimal supervision. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This is a full-time position and is eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, three weeks of PTO, and a company product allowance.
• Under minimal supervision: Perform Cellar I tasks: Clean & sanitize equipment, apply good housekeeping practices, perform wine movements, top barrels, add chemicals to wine, operate less complex equipment, measure and calculate workplace data.
• Perform moderately complex cellar and barrel tasks including but not limited to assemble blends per Winemaker instructions, add fining agents for clarifying wine, etc.
• Operate moderately complex winery equipment such as crossflow and lenticular filters, pumps, hoists, crush equipment, press, forklifts, etc
• Shipping and receiving of tankers, scale operator
• Capable of double-checking winemaker calculation to maintain integrity and quality of wines.
• Ensures safe and efficient utilization of all winery equipment
• Leads harvest employees to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly work tasks
• Provides guidance and support to staff to increase skill and knowledge
• Provide feedback to Winemaking, Cellar, and Barrel staff on best practices
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve cellar issues
• Ensures timely and accurate completion of all wine work orders
• Understand and be an active participant in the 5S program (Sort, Set in order, Standardize, Shine, and Sustain) and safety hazard identification program.
• Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety.
• High School Diploma/ GED
• 2 – 5 years’ Cellar/Harvest Operator experience
• Must be able to skillfully operate all basic Cellar equipment
• Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
• Must be able to operate machinery
• Must know how to use hand tools
• Must possess basic math skills
• Must be able to use D.O./O2 meters
• Able to wear half and full-face respirator
• Able to enter confined spaces to perform tasks
• Good organizational and multi-task skills
• Computer skills / Programing of HMI panels/Bar code scanners
• Must be flexible with scheduling and changing tasks due to business needs
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
• Two years of forklift experience with four-barrel racks
• Weigh Master experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit
• Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
• Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance stairs/ladders
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed
• Works outdoors/indoors
• Works in warm/cold climates
• Works on wet surfaces
• Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
• Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic