Summerland Winery tasting room is looking for an experienced and professional full time Tasting Room Manager who is responsible for delivering an exceptional visitor experience, and world-class customer service to guests at Summerland Winery tasting room. The primary functions of this position are promoting the sale of wine and merchandise, endorsing Wine Club memberships, scheduling the TR staff, responding to guest questions or concerns, overseeing operations, and enhancing our Company and winery image to the consumer.
• Assist in the daily opening, closing, inventory procedures/reconciliation of the TR.
• Responsible for promoting sales and encouraging staff to reach expected targets set by Vice President of Sales.
• Develop staff sales knowledge and providing tasting and educational information to the employees and in turn the guests.
• Regularly monitor inventory levels (wine and non-wine) as well as wine movements to accurately track inventory and reduce monthly count variances.
• Support member retention efforts by providing exemplary customer service and a superlative onsite experience to existing wine club members.
• Conversion of guests to wine club members.
• Foster strong teamwork by continuing to build relationships with co-workers.
• Promote positive media & public relations by providing a friendly, pleasant atmosphere in the TR, adhering to media policy and referring any inquiries to PR-approved supervisors.
• Occasionally represent the brand in the market for wine festivals or off-site tastings.
• Understand and comply with all federal and state laws regarding the operation of a winery retail tasting room.
• Work very closely with our Wine Club Manager on wine club related items.
• Staffing and scheduling of the tasting room.
• 3 years of hospitality or customer service experience within the wine industry and at least 2 years of tasting room experience.
• Strong knowledge of and enthusiasm for wine and the wine industry.
• Must share company values: integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, and customer focus.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
• WineDirect knowledge a plus.
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays, will share with others.
Personal Skills and Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and sales skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to assume leadership role and make decisions.
• Positive, can do attitude.
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.