CHEERS! Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a Regional Portfolio Brand Ambassador to represent Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon and Gray Whale Gin. This position is remote, but is based out of Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA.
The Regional Portfolio Brand Ambassador will form relationships with key accounts, distributor managers, and salespeople throughout the state of California. This role will serve to increase brand knowledge and engagement within the distributor sales force; drive retail and menu placements, lead distributor educational and kickoff meetings, and activate staff/consumer trainings. This role will also oversee and drive brand education to target consumers at key spirits events and festivals and will regularly interface with the brand teams at headquarters as well.
Reporting to the Trade Advocacy Manager, the Regional Portfolio Brand Ambassador will inspire consumers, on/off trade professionals and distributor partners to become staunch advocates of these exciting brands. In addition to being an expert in mixology with credibility among bartenders, the Ambassador will exemplify the brand values with a witty, vivacious personality and a high level of integrity. The position requires an intense schedule working nontraditional hours, including many evenings and weekends. The Regional Portfolio Brand Ambassador will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who will be a seen as the face of our brands in their respective market; to consumers, media, distributors, bartenders and retailers.
This role will also oversee all regional implementation of national trade and educational programming. The Regional Portfolio Brand Ambassador will be responsible for working closely with local sales teams, while leading all marketing related sales programming.
• Deep knowledge of all categories of spirits, with a heavy focus on American Whiskey from the production process to trends and competitive brands. Other categories of importance include gin, vodka and tequila
• Deep knowledge of spirits and cocktail development. Experience as a bartender creating craft cocktails is essential – both whiskey and gin. Experience as a bar manager/buyer preferred
• Natural and charismatic storyteller, with strong public speaking skills, who enjoys sharing their cocktailing tales with others
• Credibility with the on-trade is essential; be part of that community with existing network, bartender groups, presence, and respect within the community
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including authoring and delivering presentations
• Deadline-oriented self-starter who is proactive and holds self to high standard of work quality
• Ability to interface with the distributor network
• Strong and active social media presence
• Strategic thinker with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of different teams across multiple functions
• Ability to manage, track and forecast funds while executing within a prescribed budget. Strong level of budget management and organization required
• Works well independently, without need of micromanagement; problem solver
• BS/BA degree required
• Travel approx. 50%
• Trade Education
o Understands the competitive landscape of assigned region and is always working to gain competitive advantage though creative menu placements and promotions
o Serves as regional spirits knowledge expert for DFWS spirits brands
o Educate DFWS, trade, and distributor/broker partners on benefits of DFWS spirits portfolio
o Support sales division teams at regional distributor meetings and regional events
• Trade Engagement
o Grow relationships and distribution in core set of influential on- and off-premise accounts (per target account list)
o Grow relationships and provide support to key distributor salespeople and managers
o Serves as the primary contact for DFWS accounts in target list, to effectively drive awareness and velocity of DFWS spirits brands
o Activate brand initiatives with distributors and accounts
o Curate and execute creative and engaging branded events to drive brand awareness
o Effectively drives awareness and velocity of DFWS spirits brands. Must form and maintain effective relationships with influential staff members, including bar owners, bartenders, and local community of bartenders
o Support on-trade and consumer shows as required; attend and manage the brand’s booth at fests and other events in core markets
o Activate national programming in assigned market
o Support and travel to national events activations when required
o Assist in planning and execution of key local events and trade programming
o Provide monthly recaps of all activities
o Maintain accurate and up to date monthly budget and expenses
o KPI self-assessment
o Report markets trends and competitor activity
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do.