Mercer Estates, located in the Heart of Wine Country is hiring for our tasting room lead position. We are a family owned and operated company that takes pride in our employees and communities. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is customer service oriented. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to engage with customers by sharing their passion and knowledge of wine and is a skilled listener, detailed oriented, and never too busy to smile and provide exceptional performance.
• Provide support for the Tasting Room Manager by assuming a lead role in his/her absence.
Assist in the daily opening and closing of the tasting room.
• Instruct staff with helpful information on how to achieve sales goals and work with Tasting Room Manager to develop staff sales knowledge.
• Provide enjoyable tasting experience and educational information to all guests. Promote positive public relations by providing a friendly and pleasant atmosphere.
• Create strategies to promote wine and merchandise sales in conjunction with the Tasting Room Manager.
• Maintain excellent hospitality and cleanliness to benefit the experience of all guests.
• Maintain active items in point-of-sale system.
• Assist in the daily operations of the tasting room, which include setting up tastings and ensuring tasting room associates have all the tools necessary to create memorable customer experiences.
• Promote wine club development by adding members to the Carma Club.
• Assume Lead duties in all consumer events-coordinating, communicating with Manager, executing event as the Lead in charge.
• Foster strong teamwork by continuing to build relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
• Recognize and minimize intoxication of visitors. Follow all State and Federal guidelines in conjunction with serving alcoholic beverages.
• Foster self-development by taking initiative to increase sales and wine knowledge.
• Assist Managers with shipping orders as needed.
• 3-5yrs in the wine/hospitality industry with excellent customer service background.
• Wine related experience including knowledge of wine and/or wine production.
• Computer proficiency especially previous POS systems experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Solid track record of success in previous positions.
• Must be dependable, reliable, and motivated.
• Must be customer service oriented, a strong leader, and detailed oriented.
• Ability to lift material/product up to 50 pounds, repeatedly.
• Ability to work weekends and some nights with Monday through Wednesday off.
• Ability to work extensive hours on your feet.
• Adaptability and willingness to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Professional appearance.
• MAST Class Permit from Washington State & Food Handlers Permit (or ability to obtain each within 30 days)
• Possibility for Advancement
• Competitive Hourly Wage
• Paid Sick Time Off- according to the State of Washington’s guidance
• Medical Insurance
• 401(k) retirement plan with employer match