If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
Located in beautiful Sonoma, Quarry Lake Winery is named for the lake on the property which was previously a rock quarry. Rocks from the quarry line the crush pad and a historic rock crusher located at the entrance to our winery is depicted in our logo. This winery's focus is producing high quality wines for The Prisoner Wine Company, Robert Mondavi and Simi.
The Cellar Operator position tends to the day-to-day operation of Cellar Equipment with moderate supervision. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
* Under moderate supervision, performs basic, routine Cellar and Barrel Room tasks including but not limited to: Cleaning and sanitizing Cellar fittings, hoses, fixed process lines, tanks, barrels, and grape and wine processing equipment.
* Complete set-up and movement of wine and juice to and from tanks, barrels and tanker trucks.
* Make additions to wine and juice after a confirmation of the calculations by a Cellar Supervisor or Manager.
* Operate pumps, plate and frame filters, hoists, and other Cellar equipment.
* Measure and calculate routine workplace data to verify work and complete wine work orders.
* Understand and be an active participant in the 5S program (Sort, Set in order, Standardize, Sweep, Sustain) and safety hazard identification program.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* High School Diploma/ GED
* Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
* Must be at least 21 years of age
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).