Union Sacre Winery "Alsace House"in Tincity is currently looking to offer a full time cellar position, passionate, energetic, detail oriented individual to join our team .
This position works closely with the winemaker and winemaker assistant.
• Perform wine movements such as tank racking, transfers, and filling
• Complete barrel work including stacking, washing, filling, racking, topping and maintenance
• General sanitation, and cleaning and maintenance of cellar and equipment
• Forklift operation including grape bins, barrels, and cased goods
• Perform a variety of harvest tasks including loading presses, pump-overs and punchdowns, and pomace removal
• May be required to manage a small crew of temporary workers during harvest
• Work environment ranges from outdoors in all types of weather to temperature-controlled barrel building
• A positive attitude and strong work ethic
• A desire to learn and improve skillset
• Ability to excel in a team environment
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in wine production/cellar work
• Ability to understand, communicate, and follow directions in verbal and written English
• Experience with year-round winery activities, especially harvest operations
• Able to work any shift and overtime as needed particularly during harvest
• Experience operating a forklift to stack barrels and cased goods
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. sacks and roll, move, lift onto a rack empty wine barrels (~100 lbs.), and push heavy wheeled machinery
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time; walk, kneel, and climb stairs and ladders
• Ability to work in different exposures: indoor, outdoor, hot, cold, wet or dry
• Ability to work while standing on different surfaces: cement, blacktop, gravel, vineyard
• Ability to perform repetitive hand movements or motions for 4-5 hours a day or up to entire shift
Please send your resume, as well as a cover letter if you are inspired.
I will read letters and would to know more about you than a resume can describe.