Round Pond Estate
Round Pond Estate, a family-owned and managed estate with vineyards, gardens and orchards. In a region renowned for producing wines of great depth and complexity, our handcrafted estate wines, artisan olive oils and red wine vinegars which reflect the family's dedication to producing world-class food and wine while preserving the esteemed land. We are in search of a well-versed and polished wholesale trade professional to be our key point person for the scheduling, hosting, educating and follow-up with all trade guests that visit the estate property. This role requires an individual who wishes to maintain personal involvement and relationships with key accounts by providing exemplary hospitality, knowledge and enthusiasm.
Located in Rutherford, Napa Valley, Round Pond the Trade Educator / Concierge is the key liaison for all trade (Distribution Partners, On & Off Premise Accounts) guests who visit Round Pond Estate. This position will be initially a part-time position that could potentially turn into a full-time position. Please do not apply if you are not able to move into a full-time role in the future.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Well groomed, team player who can provide professional trade guest service and hospitality with graciousness and congeniality to make a first and everlasting favorable Round Pond Estate impression.
• Schedule, host and following up of all trade visits.
o Private Trade Tastings
o Private Trade Tour and Tastings
o Private Trade Group Tastings
o Assist Private Trade IL Pranzo/Lunches – as needed led by the Events Team
o Assist Private Trade Dinners – as needed led by the Events Team
o Custom Program Trade Visits as needed
• Strong Communication Skills
• Extensive wine knowledge
• Sales ability to assist in closing the loop with sales interest of guests with the appropriate Regional Sales Manager, Director of National Sales.
• Trade knowledge at the distributor and account level
• Additional assignments as needed
• Public speaking experience
• Understanding of the 3-Tier Wholesale System
• Operating the POS program (eCellars)
• Organizational & data capture skills
• Has high school diploma or GED; two to four-year college degree preferred
• Four years of hospitality, restaurant, public relations, communications or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
• Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds frequently
• Ability to stand, sit and walk for long periods of time
• Required to work evenings, weekends and occasionally holidays when necessary.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Scott Reed. No calls please.