Reporting to and together with the Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager has a General Management approach and broad range of responsibilities that will assist in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies and plans across Price, Promotion, Packaging & Product. These include brand plan development and execution, ongoing actionable business analytics, media campaigns, sponsorship and event activation, business budgeting and financial analysis, cross-functional team leadership, insights led innovation strategy and development along with supporting project management, integrated marketing communication, and retail/on premise point-of-sale development and execution.
* Supports development and implementation of the annual brand strategy and marketing plan to create consumer demand based on strong business analytics.
* Assists in the development and implementation of short- and long-term marketing objectives and strategies. Participates in the development and leads the execution of brand plans and tactics to deliver against agreed upon brand and business goals.
* Leads brand business analysis efforts. Continuously monitors business and brand health performance using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance, and to deliver actionable insights.
* Assists in the development of consumer target and positioning of brand and in the development of the brand architecture, in partnership with the Brand Manager and Consumer Insights.
* Supports development and execution of insights based strategic innovation plans to position the business for both short and long-term success, including project management of key innovation initiatives from ideation to successful launch.
* Assists in the creative development process and execution of all advertising campaigns.
* Assists Brand Manager in working with International teams to insure consistency of brand strategy and execution globally.
* Collaborates closely with creative agencies, public relations, and strategic retail and promotion partners to bring brand communication to life in a manner that elevates the brand and engages consumers and trade stakeholders.
* Assists Brand Manager and Media Planning team in the development of media plans and initiatives, and communicates media plans to the field in compelling sales materials.
* Leads day-to-day brand budget management, PO creation and invoice processes. Ensures that dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters.
* Assists Brand Manager in working with the DTC and Hospitality teams to insure consistency of brand strategy and execution across all consumer touch points.
* Assists Brand Manager in working with the Retail & Field Marketing teams to develop all national and local consumer promotion programming at retail in both on and off premise channels.
* Assists Brand Manager and the Lifestyle & Experiential Marketing team in the identification and development of all event marketing programming, including all national sponsorship events, charitable donations, trade related functions, etc.
* Participates in market visits and assists in Business Unit planning and review meetings, providing actionable insights and brand/portfolio innovation and programming ideas based on key learnings.
* Assists Brand Manager with packaging development when applicable.
* Develops presentations for internal and external meetings, as well as insights and analytics based brand selling tools (presentations, sell sheets).
Key Foundational Business & Leadership Skills
* Thought Leader - Demonstrating industry and content expertise with the ability to pioneer new ideas, efficiently and effectively solve problems, and influence others while being open to collaboration.
* Intense Drive - Leading with passion, enthusiasm, and a sense of urgency that influences others to follow suit, with self-motivation to achieve goals and challenge the status quo.
* Constantly Innovating - Developing and encouraging creative ideas that challenge common thinking and help CBI gain a competitive advantage while being open and agile to adapt, change, and try new things to promote growth, learning, and improvement.
* Personal Leadership - Exhibiting excellent interpersonal skills, charisma, and self-confidence to make an impact on teams, coaching and motivating others, tackling new problems, and advocating strongly for integrity and sensitivity.
* Results Oriented - Having a GM mindset that focuses on taking decisive action to get things done while finding optimal balance between quality and protecting the bottom-line.
* Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated aptitude to utilize trend analysis, syndicated and customized research and other sources to turn data and information into actionable insights.
* Strong financial acumen and P&L understanding.
* Strong writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills; demonstrates ability to communicate and sell the strategies and plans at all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to interact successfully with senior management, field personnel, agencies and cross functional teams, fostering open, honest and direct communication.
* Ability to evaluate creative work in the context of brand strategy.
* Experience managing complex project list, priorities and budgets and track record of project management with a focus on driving for results.
* Ability to manage expectations of supervisor, other functional groups and agency partners.
* Strong persuasion skills to gain alignment where needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of project management experience in a matrixed organization, preferably in consumer goods or services. Experience in sales, ho