Barnett Vineyards is a prestigious family-owned winery located on the top of Spring Mountain, known for producing world class Cabernets plus single vineyard Chardonnay and Pinot Noir for over 30 years. Our DTC Sales Associate will be an integral member of the hospitality team and assist with manifold tasks in support of our retail and estate operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Host and educate visiting guests and Wine Society members, offering a wealth of information about our history, offerings and winemaking processes.
• Process orders and Membership sign-ups in our POS System.
• Perform administrative duties such as mailing list data entry and mining of information; follow-up phone calls and other duties assigned.
• Follow SOPs in set up and break down of tasting areas, plus regular stocking of same areas.
• Assist in winery marketing events when required.
• Answer the phone in a prompt and courteous manner and assist guests with scheduling reservations and placing phone orders.
• Assist with regular inventory counts.
• Other side projects as assigned.
• Experience in luxury winery sales and hospitality environment.
• Possess a positive, friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Possess and understands basic wine knowledge in a global context from vineyard, through production, to bottle.
• Task oriented with attention to detail and the ability to manage changing priorities.
• Ability to learn and speak in depth about wine, wine making, wine history and grape growing practices.
• Proficient with; e-Commerce/CRM applications, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work a Thursday though Monday schedule, with flexibility to best suit the needs of the winery.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license..