Position Description: Seasonal Laboratory Analyst I
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor or Manager
The individual in this position of Seasonal Laboratory Analyst I will be an important member of the laboratory team. This position requires attention and adherence to laboratory quality requirements, support of quality initiatives, teamwork, professionalism and demonstrated work ethic. As a seasonal position, many of the duties will be centered around harvest activities including sampling and monitoring fermentations.
• Perform quality work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Follow laboratory's Standard Operating Procedures and safety protocols.
• Perform daily checks and calibrations for safety equipment and laboratory instrumentation.
• Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory.
• Assist in routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
• Effectively perform routine laboratory analyses.
• Assist with routine wine trials as requested by winemaking.
• Prepare samples and standardize reagents.
• Enter analytical results into the database.
• Contribute to and maintain high standards for quality assurance and quality control.
• Obtain sample from barrels and tanks.
• Perform Brix & temperature in a timely manner
• Degree or coursework in Enology, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio a plus).
• Availability to work overtime and flexibility to work varying shifts.
Additional Experience or Qualifications Preferred:
• Spanish language skills.
• Prior production experience in a wine lab environment.
• Knowledge of wine chemistry, wine microbiology, wine quality, sensory and winemaking.
• Possession of time-management, project management, statistics and critical thinking skills.
• Experience in evaluating equipment.
• Required to stand long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl.
• Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds of weight.