Have you ever thought about a career in wine?
No experience necessary, we will teach you!
The wine industry has lots of potential for career growth.
We have the following seasonal positions available:
• Entry level Cellar Worker
• Experienced Cellar Worker
• High production Forklift Driver
We are part of the Jackson Family Wines team of wineries and we make wine for several brands, Freemark Abbey, Kendall-Jackson and La Crema.
Our mission is:
From the 1st grape to the last drop in the bottle, we are passionate about preserving the quality delivered by the vineyard team.
• Use our diversity as a strength.
• Respect one another, cultivate a positive attitude and stay open minded.
• Pride ourselves as leaders and teachers in safety, quality winemaking, innovation and resource conservation.
• Challenge each other to learn every day and to bring passion and enthusiasm to each job.
• Work as one team.
• Recognize individual and team accomplishment at all levels of the team
Job Roles / Responsibilities
Working in an indoor / outdoor facility and reporting to directions given by the Cellar Master and Forepersons, the successful applicant will have opportunities to learn the following:
Following and observing all safe cellar practices
Red fermentation management - pump overs, rack & returns.
The use of all cellar equipment (and most importantly) it's cleaning & sanitizing.
Barrel work - filling, racking and topping.
Racking, transferring and the movement of juice and wine.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. The position requires repetitive squatting and strenuous pulling and pushing of hoses and pumps. Cellar workers must be able to work any shift and overtime because the work load is heavy during the harvest season, typically August through November. Wearing contact lenses is prohibited for Safety reason. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals.
All applicants must pass a drug and physical test after receiving an offer of employment to be eligible to commence employment.