OBJECTIVE: The Supervisor is critical to running the Mumm Napa tasting room by creating exceptional experiences for our guests. We are looking for someone who is high energy, thrives in a fast-paced environment, sales goal driven, has a passion for wine education, is a natural leader and willing to coach and mentor team members. Above all, a love for hospitality and working on a team is a must. You will help the Assistant Manager train and onboard tasting room staff for one of the most adored tasting experiences in wine country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and supports floor 2-3 days a week, coaching and motivating hospitality representatives, ensuring brand story is being told and service standards are being executed consistently.
• Coaches and mentors to drive individuals’ sales and club conversion rates higher.
• Hosts Mumm Napa clientele, demonstrating exceptional service and sales.
• Oversees staff orientation and training in the visitor center (hospitality representatives, concierge, cashiers, bar staff).
• Conducts service, sales, brand, sparkling wine basics, wine club and basic level tour training for all visitor center employees.
• Assists with the process of hiring Hospitality Representatives.
• Creates and issues weekly staffing schedule.
• Schedules all required staff training modules (safety, food handling, responsible beverage, etc).
• Tracks employee birthdays, anniversaries and milestones and leads the celebration segment of monthly team meetings. Keeps training materials up to date for all areas of the visitor center and manages a schedule of progression for each staff member.
• Sets aligned business goals and conducts regular check-ins and performance reviews for direct reports. Keeps managers informed of performance status of each direct report.
• Ensures that staff operates according to Mumm Napa standards for professionalism, hospitality, customer service, sales, and wine club sign-ups.
• Follows and enforces policies and procedures with tasting room staff members.
• Assigned to various opening/closing/floor supervisory duties and helps the team to meet hospitality and sales goals.
• On assigned tasting room supervisory days, responds to customer requests, suggestions, and feedback. Acts as first point of escalation for customer service and employee issues.
• Maintains secure environment at close of day, ensuring final security and alarming of the Visitors Center and Winery.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales.
• Assists with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP tours/luncheons/dinners.
• Actively participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Stays current on recent wine reviews, industry issues.
• Learns about other wineries and their wines; uses that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
• Dynamic in driving for continuous improvement. Shares with Managers and co-workers, ideas and suggestions from guests, staff and their own observations.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Bilingual any other language a plus.
• Knowledge of wine & wine production as would normally be attained through 1-3 years of experience in the wine industry.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level education preferred, specifically in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations.
• Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a repeated basis.
• Position entails excessive standing and walking, and considerable bending.
• The hospitality/tasting room requires an experienced public contact person able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image.
• Job requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.