- Collect petioles and plant tissue samples
- Conduct cluster counts and record weights for crop estimate purposes
- Field scout and submit reports on vine health, pests and disease
- Deliver fertilizers and other materials to the field
- Brew compost teas and clean tea tanks
- Review and maintain irrigation systems, set timers, record water usage
- Additional work and longer term opportunities available for candidates who can operate heavy equipment or tractors
Candidates should have some vineyard or farming experience. We are willing to train candidates with the right attitude and work ethic. A clean driving record is required. Our company is bilingual so some Spanish speaking capabilities are a plus. Some computer skills (Excel and spreadsheets) required.
About us: We are a full service vineyard management company in the Napa Valley. We provide viticultural expertise, labor and equipment to private vineyard owners who sell their grapes to premium wineries. We are humble, hard working and have helped many noted professionals launch their careers. We put safety first and look out for each other.
Opportunity: We are looking for a candidate who can start by June 1st at the latest and work through the end of July. We guarantee a minimum of 30 hours per week but expect there to be 40 to 45 hours per week. Work could continue into August and beyond for candidates with the right skill set. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. A company vehicle will be provided for transport to and from the vineyards, however, candidates must have access to transportation to and from work. Candidates must already have permission to legally work in the United States.