DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist vineyard crew in specific tasks, making sure tasks/jobs are carried out correctly to the standards of their supervisor.
- Supervise pruning, suckering, positioning, tucking, tying, hedging, tipping, leafing, fruit thinning, harvesting, etc.
- Supervise planting and training new and young vines
- Under vine management, including shoveling
- Ensure that the crew is working in accordance with safety procedures
- Observe employee performance and results. Takes notes of individuals strengths and weaknesses and able to
teach/train vineyard workers more efficient protocols.
- Follows and enforces company policies and safety procedures
- Works with the Vineyard Operations Team to recruit and terminate workers
- Promote a better working environment (coaching, praising, training, listening and consideration of employee’s needs
and concerns, stressing of a sexual harassment and discrimination free work place, etc.)
- Immediately reports to supervisor of any work-related accidents to the workers
- Alert and aware during high stress weather conditions (rain, heat, frost protection, etc.).
- Keeps track, reviews, codes, and approves time cards
- Other vineyard duties as assigned by your Vineyard Operations Team
- Vineyard skills (pruning, canopy work, in row work, irrigation, harvesting, etc.)
- Team player
- Takes pride in their leadership appearance and workmanship
- Able to understand and communicate with supervisor in English and/or Spanish
- Eagerness to learn and open to new growing practices
- Able and comfortable to ask supervisor questions if there is confusion
- Honest, trustworthy, punctual, reliable
- Clean and organized
Able and willing to:
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Work on rugged, uneven terrain
- Work in hot and sunny, cold and rainy conditions
- Kneel, bend, carry, grasp
- Work overtime when required for job competence
- Work unusual hours during high peak seasons
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Observe and report issues (disease, mildew, pests, etc.)
- Work in tight vine and row spacing
- Work on low trained vines
- Reliable transportation.
- CA Driver’s License a plus