Start Date: June 1st
***Cover Letter & Resume required***
Boisset is a family-owned collection of historic and unique wineries bound together by a common cause: authentic, terroir-driven wines. This internship runs June through October. It provides extensive exposure to a range of vineyards and management styles across the north coast, including but not limited to organic, biodynamic and sustainable sites. The internship will provide training for and an opportunity to develop familiarity with various vineyard technologies and practices. Main office located in St. Helena, CA
To apply for this internship, please send a resume and cover letter.
Under the direction of the Winegrower and the Grower Relations Representative, perform tasks including but not limited to:
• Gathering information including cluster counts and weights for use in developing crop estimates.
• Tracking phenological development in estate and contract vineyards and develop reports.
• Pest and disease monitoring and reporting in estate and contract vineyards.
• Irrigation monitoring in estate vineyards.
• Collect and process sugar samples in a timely and accurate manner.
• Performing basic analysis in a wine laboratory.
• Data entry.
• Miscellaneous tasks.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to work autonomously with adequate instruction and maintain excellent records
• Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner with people in the organization (written & verbal).
• Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Excel), ability to develop spread sheet and analyze collected data.
• Willing to work early mornings, long hours and weekends during key periods throughout the year, including driving long distances to cover entirety of the north coast (Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Marin and Sonoma Counties)
• Must be able to adapt easily to daily changes in schedules, plans and priorities as needed.
• Professional attitude and proper representation of the Company with grower partners and the public.
• Team work with internal and external contacts.
• Willing to work with chemicals that require personal protective equipment
• Possessing a valid CA Driver License with clean driving record.
• Use of personal vehicle required (Company will reimburse at current Federal rate).
• Person smart phone use required (Company will provide a stipend).
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions including but not limited to heat, cold, wet and windy for extended periods of time.
• Ability to walk and perform physical work in vineyards with steep and/or uneven terrain, mud, dust and soft soil.
• Ability to climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend. Sitting, hand/finger dexterity, and working at computer or in an office or shop setting required.
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt, AG (OT after 8.5 hours daily/45 hours weekly)
Competitive compensation sick, commuter benefits, and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019!