TITLE: Regional Sales Manager | Full-Time Position
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The successful candidate must: be at least 21 years of age; possess a current driver’s license; maintain current auto insurance coverage; possess excellent verbal communication, written communication, listening, and negotiating skills; have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player who can work well with minimal supervision, and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to demanding situations. The candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and possess the ability to manage time effectively and service customer accounts. Will be organized and able to juggle multiple priorities. Candidate must understand modern selling and training techniques and must possess strong presentation skills i.e. ability to lead dinners, storytelling sessions, and meeting presentations. A qualified candidate will be required to take a creative approach to sales and the ability to plan and execute sales strategies both independently and as part of our team. A qualified candidate should have experience in brand management; wine and spirits knowledge and experience preferred. This position requires the availability to work flexible hours and weekends when necessary. The position requires travel and extensive overnight stays away from home both in-state Minnesota and to states that Chankaska products are distributed and sold.
This will be considered a full-time, salaried position with a commission incentive program. The position assumes an average of 45 hours per week on an annual basis.
Essential Duties included but not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
• Working with distribution partners in the assigned territories (states).
• Support regional and national sales teams in execution and implementation of the brands' strategy of driving awareness, education and engagement with the distributor and consumers
• Acquire and demonstrate; wine and spirits knowledge, effectively present Chankaska products, and manage growth of accounts; and the expansion of business to meet goals
• Innovative thinker and demand creator: work with all departments to assess industry opportunities and develop creative concepts and solutions to fit the opportunities
• Analytical skills; will gather and assimilate data from various sources, assess business performance and provide recommendations for improvement and growth
• Experience with product development and retailer program execution.
• Expand customer base through cold calling and strategic/ targeted efforts
• Collection of customer payments, when necessary.
• Delivering products to customers when required
• Monitor and manage distributor inventory levels to assure product levels are maintained and are sufficient to support sales
• Supporting clients at promotional events including evenings and weekends
• Host key consumer events (dinners, networking events, and key accounts/events sampling events
• Secure menu placements, conduct staff training, and tastings promote distribution and depletion for the brand
• Work collaboratively with our MN Distribution partner in the advancement of our wine and spirits
• Perform sales education and assist meetings (ride-a-longs) with the distribution sales team members for the respective distribution partner.
• Ensuring that sales goals are met
• Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in all actions, adhering to the values of the company.
• Conduct distribution of wine and spirits sales to liquor stores and restaurants in an assigned territory maintaining 100+ accounts in such a way that an appropriate sales volume will be achieved.
• Represent the Company as a Brand Manager for the Chankaska product lines while working harmoniously with our MN Distribution Agent
• Gain knowledge of competitive sales trends and pricing in order to maintain specific pricing structures on all company products.
• Research, strategize and pursue business development efforts for national retail chains that Chankaska brand products can be sold
• Know the sales trends in each account, understand the business strategies and practices of each decision-maker.
• Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit for seeking out new accounts.
• Listen carefully to the needs and preferences of retail decision-makers.
• Overcome objections raised during a sales presentation.
• Effectively handle special in-store/ restaurant problems and reporting that may occur
• Project a professional appearance while being resourceful, friendly, and persistent with retail decision-makers.
• Maintain a cooperative attitude with management and provides reports that are accurate and on time.
• Practice safe work and driving habits and, if accountable for others, ensure their understanding and compliance with such habits.
• Work collaboratively with the team when launching new products i.e. market research analyzing the competitive landscape, consumer interest, trends, shifts, etc. to ensure product success
• Assist with establishing goals, new opportunities, and untapped opportunities and alert team to any issues
• Monitor progress of goals
• Facilitate and develop regional opportunities to drive business with consumers
• Collaborate with Distributor on execution and education of Chankaska at consumer and trade events
• Participate in distributor sales meetings as needed to support the brand
• Continue to build relationships with the trade that result in long term business development
• Collaborate with internal