Harper Voit is looking for a harvest intern for the upcoming 2021 harvest season. Harper Voit is a small team led by winemaker Drew Voit who makes wine under the brand Harper Voit while also providing custom crush services to 15 clients throughout the Willamette Valley. We process roughly 150-175 tons worth of fruit in a season mostly consisting of Pinot noir, Chardonnay, Pinot blanc, and Riesling representing almost every AVA in the valley.
For 2021, we are looking for applicants, preferably, with at least one harvest under their belt but harvest experience isn't a prerequisite. Other qualifications for the ideal candidate include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. If you've seen the Bullock/Reeves smash hit, Speed, adrenaline levels are a lot like that but we don't work on a bus.
- Ability to work long hours and maintain a positive attitude through changing schedules (while we try to schedule picks in advance, we must stay flexible on our end as we are a small team that values picking grapes at the perfect time. This means work can be boom-or-bust depending on the readiness of the fruit.)
- A love for 90's alternative rock or a super good reason why you don't like it. Although our Associate Winemaker and Winemaker like Post Malone a lot, so maybe a like for Post Malone, too?
- Willingness to jump from task-to-task. Again, as a smaller operation, everyone from the top of the ladder on down will do a little bit of everything. You may be asked to do some lab work (which we will train you on), cellar work, lots of cleaning, forklift driving, and everything in between.
- Must have great communication. The variability of the work means constantly communicating with other employees to ensure the day's duties are completed efficiently and mindfully.
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
- Some forklift experience preferred.
Harper Voit Harvest Intern Job Benefits:
- The size of our team and the variability of duties will mean you get lots of learning opportunities
- We are huge food fans, so there will always be food around and many meals will be shared throughout harvest
- A competitive hourly wage based on experience
- An environment where learning and asking questions is deeply encouraged
- Start and end dates of employment are open to negotiation