SUMMARY: This temporary position supports winemaking and production by performing various analyses required in monitoring the winemaking process. The intern will assist the lab technicians and winemakers in various tasks. The successful candidate may have knowledge of chemical techniques, will be computer literate, multifaceted, and work well under pressure in this fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform daily juice brix and temperatures to monitor fermentations
• Perform daily grape maturity readings for harvest planning
• Perform all required analyses in accordance with established procedures
• Retrieve samples from the cellar
• Log samples and analysis onto appropriate analysis sheet
• Clean glassware, countertops, lab equipment regularly
• Calibrate instrumentation in good working condition
• Prepares reagents for use in lab analysis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Some college course work in chemistry and microbiology
• LANGUAGE - Ability to respond to basic inquiries from co-workers. Ability to read and write required correspondence that confirm to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to co-workers.
• TECHNICAL – Basic computer literacy
• GENERAL – Willingness to learn, strong math skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, ability to follow direction.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The requirement of this job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Vineyards, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.