Responsible for the weighing of all grapes, bulk wine, and juice during the harvest season and the issuance of accurate, legal weigh tags. The weigh master is to process all the weigh tags and the Bill of ladings, ensure they are accurately entered into the database, and deliver the information to the Cellar and Winemaking Team. The TPWC Weigh Master is also to manage the logistics of traffic flow at the weigh station and the driveway. Weigh Master will help the lab and cellar collect grape samples and temperatures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Weighing of all grapes and bulk wine: (55%)
* Provide an accurate, legal weigh tag and collect supporting documents for every load of grapes or bulk wine entering the winery. Trouble shoots any discrepancies between the Crush Schedules, Delivery Tags, and the grapes or bulk wine being delivered to the winery.
* Maintains an organized filing system for completed work orders and corresponding paperwork.
Customer Service: (20%)
* Communicates with coworkers, growers, delivery personnel and winery staff in a professional manner to maintain the highest level of efficiency, quality and safety in all winery operations.
* Create and maintain whiteboard schedule daily.
* Communicate in a calm, clear fashion while working under pressure.
White Bin Management: (20%)
* Communicates with Wine Info. insuring an accurate count/inventory of all TPWC white bins. No bins are given to drivers unless they are accurately logged and approved by wine Info. All bins need to be returned from growers promptly.
* Creates, maintains and distributes daily xl crush summary.
* Insures proper equipment is used by grower when picking up/handling our macro bins. Ex (vboards and tie downs)
Provides support for the Lab & Cellar for Collecting Grape Samples: (5%)
* Communicates with the Lab and Cellar when samples are ready to be picked up.
* Coordinates labels for corresponding bottles.
* Responsible for daily weigh tag sample log to be taken up to lab at the conclusion of each day.
* Excellent English reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to become a California State Certified Weigh Master.
* Excellent math skills.
* Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
* Excellent 10-key by touch proficiency.
* Knowledge and experience in Windows operating environment.
* Willingness to work flexible days/hours and overtime as needs dictate.
St. Helena, California
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).