Joseph Phelps Vineyards is a family-owned, luxury winery business with two locations; St. Helena and Freestone California. Our vision is to build and inspire to be the best we can be. We strive for excellence while growing our business and people; remaining respectful to our history, legacy, land and each other.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is seeking FT Wine Educators to provide memorable brand experiences for our guests by delivering exceptional service.
Come join this dynamic team and become part of the JPV family!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promotes Phelps Preferred Wine Club
• Greets all visitors to the Historic Winery
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitors’
questions about wines
• Pours wines for Terrace Tastings, Club Tastings and Complementary Pours
• Handles routine POS transactions, such as retail tastings, Phelps Preferred check-ins and carry out sales
• Conducts opening and closing procedures for the Retail Sales Room
• Assists with display and stocking of retail items and wines as needed
• Assists with hospitality special events as needed
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Demonstrates Commitment to Hospitality Mission Statement
• Exemplifies Cultural Values of Excellence, Growth, Respect and Gratitude
• One to two years related experience
• Knowledge of wines and wine production
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to work within a team
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk and stand for prolonged periods
• Speak before groups of people
• Understand and respond to a diverse population
• Lift and carry a case of wine weighing approximately 25 pounds
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k) retirement plan, employee wine discount, tuition reimbursement, educational scholarships for dependent children and a few other perks.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.