Davis Estates is seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join our production team for Harvest 2021.
Located in Calistoga, Davis Estates is a boutique winery focused on sculpting premium high-end Bordeaux wines. Harvest interns will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, participating in ALL facets of winemaking. This position is hands-on and requires technical knowledge of winemaking. Cellar team members are responsible for safely performing cellar tasks to our uncompromising standards. Davis Estates places strong emphasis on aesthetics and hospitality, underlining the importance of maintaining a clean, well-organized and presentable facility. We subscribe to the notion that specific working environments have huge impact on the quality of work produced. For that reason, we aim to provide a light and fun, welcoming atmosphere in which we can work together producing amazing wines.
Primary duties and responsibilities include the execution of various production operations in all aspects of winemaking; bottling, barrel work, additions, general harvest operations and maintaining cellar cleanliness and safety at all times.
It will be required to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to weekends during harvest and/or as needed.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain general winery equipment.
- Follow and observe all safety guidelines for cellar operations.
- Aid in vineyard sampling.
- Tracking fermentations (checking Brix & Temps)
- Process fruit to weight/volume (Red/White)
- Nutrient and yeast additions.
- Punchdowns, pumpovers, delestage, etc.
- Must be passionate about producing premium wines.
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well and efficiently as a team member.
- Degree in Enology/Viticulture or related field preferred but NOT required.
- Prior experience in agriculture/farming/winemaking preferred but not required.
- Previous references.
Position begins August 2021 and will complete in November/December 2021.
COMPETITIVE / BOE
Please email your resume and inquiries to WALTERL@DAVISESTATES.COM